Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
CA
Please...im desperate. Does anyone have treatments for fatigue? OTHER THAN "eat healthy, excersice, stretch"

I do all of those and im still in (what I like to call..) mini-comas most of my life. Im at my breaking point and need advice. It's crossed my mind to start doing crack im so desperate for help.

Thank you in advance

I'd like to know as well. I've got the pain harnessed to bearable and my sleep levels good, but the fatigue just continues. I fight it everyday even with good sleep. Now that I am back working part time I notice again how it disrupts my attention to detail and cognitive function.

Me too. I have ups and downs but the bad days are terrible. I can deal with the pain (and there is stuff that they can give to help for that part anyway) but its the tiredness that is the hardest. I had one neurologist tell me that half an hour of going to the gym each day would cure everything.

I've tried the gym thing but it gives mixed support. Sometimes it helps with the brain fog. But, sometimes it also makes me flare up again. I'd love to find the answer to brain fog, maybe I could go back to work. It's got to be some kind of individual balancing act.

I have found B-complex helps as do other supplements I take. The "Fatigued to Fantastic" book helped me more than others to get me established with a regime that I'm doing better on. I did finally get a sleeping pill ,but as suggested in the book I also have to take an herb combo which helps me relax, then the RX helps me stay asleep. Since I have been really sleeping I don't feel so desperate anymore. Hope this helps. Take care and please check back if you find something that helps.

adderol for fog good luck getting it... need a seasoned doctor who truly believes in Hippocratic oath..

Don't laugh, but coffee (if I drink a full pot very strong) can help just enough to make the difference between getting through the work day or not. I try to limit myself to a half pot or less so I can keep some "non-addicted" brain cells in reserve for those bad days when I'm really desperate. This is not a cure by any means, but at least it's gotten me through the roughest days.

Yes, I know coffee is a stimulant and therefore bad for my already over-worked, under-functioning adrenals, but when the alternative is unemployment due to CFS fog and fatigue, I'll take the coffee.

Fatigue is due to long term lack of healing sleep.
It takes 3-4 hours of deep sleep (not waking) to begin
Healing sleep. Set a sleep schedule. It will take months
Of getting the healing sleep to reduce the affects of fatigue.
That is my doctors give you meds for sleep.
I know you in pain and that's why you wake up
And don't get the healing sleep.
Move to a private sleeping room
Cover the windows with aluminum
Foil to keep it dark and reflect light
Outward. Try meditation as you lay there.
When the fatigue gets really bad your
Body will just shut down where you stand.
It hurts when you hit the ground, awake not
Knowing where you are,and yes its embarrassing
If you are out in public.
Get it under control please
I had it and don't want my
Fibro family here to go through
What I had.
I now sleep 12 hours
A night. I don't pass out
From fatigue and my
Doctor took me off the
Sleeping meds.