DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2004
Country
US
State
wi
Balancing this mess is never easy, but lately it's frustrating
sically things have gotten better over the past 6 years, and I'm grateful for that.
After moving to a new town 2 years ago was a leap of faith to help my health, knowing no one here and never even seeing the apartment until I arrived in the dark.
The improved health part worked pretty well. No more games or hoops, drs that actually trust what I feel.
Hobbies and interests are coming back finally, but feeling very isolated. I have a few friends but keep a wall up anticipating what a problem being in any kind of relationship is with me.
I'm funny, interesting, current, artistic, smart and love learning new things. I'm just terrified of having to explain the pain, migraines, tn, super smell, and fatigue. I pre judge any conversation based on my part experiences.
I've taken care of myself all my life through no real parents, 3 kids, 3 marriages and all this pain. Now I'm really wondering if being around other people is possible for me.

Hey, you can be just fine around other people. We always need to be cautious regardless of our health; I've always kept up my "spidey-sense" and not jumped into new relationships telling or expecting too much. You can be you. People will be people, and we always have to separate the wheat-from-the-chaff in regards to relationships. If you can raise 3 kids you can handle new people, kudos to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back