Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Yeah, great news! It showed on My Social Security account that a decision has been made on my case and it was APPROVED! I still don't know how much I will be getting or when but at least I finally have an answer. I am so happy. I wish I could dance a jig. But I will settle for a Woot, woot!

Woot woot!! Wishing you the best! :)

Congratulations!
That's always exciting when u get it.

Sagey

How long did it take between the time you left work and getting it? Also how long had you been employed? Thanks

Hi Tipbill,

Congratulations!! I know it takes a lot of work and time to get approved.
One less thing you have to worry about now.

Sagey

Congratulations. I am still waiting. It's very frustrating so I know you must be feeling elated and so pleased that financially your sorted.

Woo hoo! Great news. That must be such a relief for you.

Hi Grandpa,

I had been working off and on since 1973. Sounds like the stone ages. Anyway my last day of working was May 9, 2014 and I filed on May 12, 2014. I received my decision on March 15, 2017, so it took me about 34 months. On March 3 the judge said he would grant me a fully favorable decision if I would change my onset date from May of 2014 to July 1, 2015. Since I drew the judge with the lowest approval rate in my area I decided to amend my onset date. I was tired of fighting, worrying and losing sleep over the whole thing. So I lost quite a bit in back pay but at this point I don't care anymore. Like many people I have seen on this and other web sites I was not desperate for the money. Not that I am rich by any stretch of the imagination, I just was struggling on a day to day basis.

Congratulations! I was wondering, did you get rejected first and do you have other diagnoses? I thought I would get disability because I have had fibromyalgia for so long along with other diagnoses, and my hearing went well, but I was rejected again, and I am a divorced parent and the family court does not seem to understand why I can't work more. I don't know how to start a new thread, also, so does anyone know of flexible work from home that is possible with fibromyalgia? I also have endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, asthma, allergies, essential tremor and migraines. I used to do farmwork and be a music teacher, but I am sick daily now and sadly not able to do those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back