Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Has anyone else experienced this? For some reason I have started obsessing about two things. The first is a compulsion to clean my ears and the second is a compulsion to pick, dig, or rub my fingers together. My doctor thinks it is a habit I have developed to deal with my anxiety and panic attacks and says neither of them are harmful so he isn't to worried about it. The problem is the joints in my fingers hurt from rubbing them back and forth all the time. I never used to do this so I just think it's a little weird. I am getting a mani/pedi next week and am hoping that will stop me since I won't want to rub or pick all the nail polish off.

Fibro is a strange bedfellow.

anxiety can cause weird things to happen. I myself have some sort of a restless leg syndrome - but mostly during the day, and I shake it knowlngly. But I also cannot stop. Since it is pretty harmless, I just let my legs move around. The pain/burning sensation also has an impact as well.

So, as long as these new ticks are not making things worse for you, I wouldn't worry about them. And when they do - like in the case of your hands/knuckles, maybe try to find something less harmless to do instead.

It seems like our bodies need distraction. I know my mind surely needs all the distraction it can get, I am guessing my body has the same need. strangeness overall!!! :)

Anxiety is often the root cause i agree with vicky....if its harmless and not too life altering then not too much to worry about but if your fingers are getting sore then you could try wearing soft cotton gloves to either break the habit or at least protect the knuckles. Maybe its self soothing for you to do..could you get one of those squishy stress balls to play with instead..its like and action with your hands any maybe it relieves the tension your feeling.

Stress ,simple.as everyone has said,it's from the worry of being unwell.your body is finding a way to deal with it.so habits are quite common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back