the joy of cooking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never enjoyed cooking and never did it until I got married 3 yrs ago. (I was 32) Now I have to say that I have tried it and caught on quite well. I never thought it would be something that I was good at, but I'd say that I'm not too bad. I do actually enjoy it now too. There's something about creating after a long day that is rewarding and comforting at the same time. I have also become addicted to cook books. I love getting new ones. They are an unexplored world that is only your grocery store away :)

My skills aren't so great but nothing beats a home cooked meal. I have surprised myself recently with the things I can make and how delicious they turn out. When you are used to eating fast food and processed food it is amazing how good a meal you cooked yourself can be.

I didn't enjoy cooking for the first 30 years or so of my life. Once I became a vegetarian I really had to start learning how to cook alternative types of food as you are limited in what you can eat. Then I turned to veganism and I went all out on learning how to cook. I love it now. It is so time consuming but it has been worth it in the long run. I can cook almost any vegan dish now. I can't believe I used to eat all that fast food, TV dinners and microwaved garbage in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back