Not open for further replies.

exploreandrespawn

Diagnosis
11/1995
Country
US
State
il
I did not use this, as I was unaware of light as a treatment. However, having reptiles, I decided to place a reptile lightbulb in my lamp. I might be imagining it, but the use of a reptile light bulb actually makes me feel more energetic. The use of a regular light bulb, while I work on the PC, actually leaves me with the same ole same ole.

However, when I implemented the reptile lamp, I really felt energetic. I found that I could sit at the PC for longer periods of time. I will never live without my reptile bulb, lol.

How about yourselves? After reading this article on light therapies and Fibro, what do you think?

This sounds like a fascinating concept... is the article you mentioned here on the forum somewhere? I'm new and am still finding my way around but it sounds like something I'd definitely like to read.

What kind of bulb is used for a reptile bulb? Fluorescent... or something else?

I 100% can believe this. I was talking with a therapist awhile back and she said that there is a definite corralation between the weather and your mood. So she told me that when it has been a very long winter there is such a thing as a solar light that people use. It enhances there moods and acts like a sunbeam. It has the same effects as being on a sunny beach in your minds eye. So I can see why and how the reptiles light bulb would work. Because they are special lights that give the reptile both heat and vitamins as if it were in the natural sun. You can get them at any pet supply store. And they are fairly inexpensive.

I'm finding this totally amazing! What would the best placement be for a light like this be?
Overhead light? Desk light? Would placement make a difference?

I am not surprised. Light bulbs for reptiles are designed to give off UV light. In the wild, many reptiles synthesise their own vitamin D3 from the UV component of sunlight. Vitamin D3 is essential for the effective metabolism of dietary calcium in reptiles. Carnivorous and omnivorous reptiles get a high proportion of their vitamin D3 requirement from their food, however, plants do not contain vitamin D3. Herbivorous reptiles like tortoises kept indoors are, therefore, far more dependent upon the quantity and quality of artificial lighting than carnivorous specimens.

Is your reptile light for a tortoise, lizard or snake terrarium, by the way? I am very sure it emits UV light, which is a major component in natural sunlight. If this feels good for you, then perhaps it is natural sunlight which can be of help to you as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back