Not open for further replies.

Marley

Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
Mo
Hi everyone. I'm new here and was Dx with fibromyalgia in April. I've also had rheumatoid arthritis for six years. 57 years old, left work two years ago as I just couldn't do it ALL anymore. I'm a social worker and have worked with disabled and elderly for over 15 years. So, I know what I'm in for, but nobody knows what chronic pain really is until they've experienced it, 24/7, 365 days a year. I have always prided myself on being an independent woman and I'm having difficulty showing and accepting my vulnerability. I live alone, well...with my Wheaton Terrier, Maggie. SS Disability just denied me so I met with an atty. yesterday. I feel hopeless some days. I'm glad to have found this forum where there are others who actually understand. Thanks. Marley

Hello Marley, and welcome to the forum. I have been where you are in the struggle for SSD. It is so discouraging to be turned down, but keep apealing the decision and trying and some day things will work out for you. I know that trying to get SSd can be harder in some states then others. A big problem is lack of enough staffers to do the work and judges to review the claims.

Having rheumatoid arthritis along with fibro has got to be the worse case to be in. I am sure you deal with lots of pain each day. Read some of the back posts here on pain management and alternative medications and see if any of the tips offered could help you feel better. There is always hope, when everything else is going wrong. I hope you will stick around and post more questions and give more answers to others questions.

See you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back