Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2005
Country
CA
State
AB
As if I needed another issue to deal with, I finally went to have my memory tested because multiple people were noticing that I was forgetting things, not completing things, etc. Well, the text show that I am starting to have memory loss. I guess on a scale of 1-30, 25-30 is normal, 23-24 is beginning of memory dysfunction and 0-22 lower gives the official diagnose of memory impairment. I am 22. I have been on depression meds my whole life, struggled with depression, had fibro for 6 years now and this has never been an issue. Does anyone else have this issue? Did it start later? Does this mean I am getting worse? I am at a loss for how I feel about this. I am really trying not to let it get me down.

Yes some days are better than others. I'm trying to stay away from Lyrica, after reading posts from so many with weight issues and foggy brain, I'm down to....playing Dr. And going to ween myself off.
I had a recent ( New)Dr. Appointment that had me encouraged, so I will start walking 10 min a day when the weathers better, and meanwhile I'm doing light weight aerobics for 10 min. Each day.
I'm really wanting sugar, I'm saying like no other in my life, and wondering if it's the Lyrica.
Memory loss makes me nervous because one of my Family members had terrible memory loss. There are times someone can tell me something and 3 min later I forget.
Try to keep busy with one thing that makes you happy.
One other thing....I'm staying away from fake sugar, soda in aluminum cans, and looking into replacing my pots and pans from aluminum to ceramic, also watching all products, such as deodrant.
Peace Out

Yeah, I've had fibro for a bunch of years (I forget how many, to make the topic more relevant) and I've had memory issues for the past few years, which got worse after I had ECT and then continued to worsen even after I stopped those treatments. I'm actually on Aricept, which is a med for Alzheimer's, but I'm only 28, and don't have that. It is just because my memory is so bad and it is helping. I don't know what, if any, way my memory issues are related to the fibro. I also have HIV.

Rocks im sorry to hear that. Look into the side effect and reactions of the
Medication you take. Forgetting to me is part of The fibro and the meds.
I just haven't gotten control Of forgetting so I can forget I'm in pain.

Python, yes, I'm having memory issues. I think it's fibro related. It comes and goes, but some things I just plain don't remember. Frustrating to say the least....

I have been very forgetful, I thought it was the Gabapentin I was on for nerve pain from a back injury, so I weaned myself off of the Gaba. The fogginess/memory loss was taking a long time to go away and then I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and my doctor said it is likely the Fibro. I really hate the forgetfulness.

I too am having memory problems. I have had this disease for a long time but the memory issue just started a couple years ago. I have been tested for IQ and, although not a genius, I am "very gifted". So I am ok? No. I have actually driven places and all of a sudden I don't know where I am. My mind goes blank! Later I ask how did I not know where I was, but at the time I just don't. I find it frustrating because I know I am bright but my memory lets me down and I just can't recall words in the English language that I have always used. I have to use post-it notes everywhere and even that isn't enough! Some days there is no issue and others are terrible. People patronize me and treat me like I don't own a brain which is very frustrating! I would like to know what usually happens from here too - am I getting worse?

Wouldn't it be nice to know why one day is good and others not good? I think what we need to do is just take it all in stride. I believe for me stressing about my ailments almost magnifies them. I'll never admit to my hubby that I'm forgetful....Deny, deny, deny.....Hahaha!

U know....I forgot is about as good as I can't hear you.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back