Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Has this happened to anyone else. Lately I have started doing behaviors that I have never done in the past. The main one is pill rolling. I am constantly rubbing my second finger over my thumb or picking at the skin around my fingers. Since it is winter time here it is on the dry side in my house and my skin tends to be dry and leave little pieces of skin hanging around the nail. I will pick and pull at it to the point where it becomes infected. Also I have become obsessed with cleaning my ears. Like I said these are behaviors I have never done before and was wondering if anybody else does these little rituals.

Well it's not fibromyalgia.are you stressed at all.

Anxiety and stress are the first that come to my mind. I doubt it is directly linked to fibro.

If it is really having an effect in your daily life, you might want to look into relaxation methods like yoga, meditation, breathing, mindfullness etc.

Yes, I am extremely stressed right now. My sister in law passed away Thursday morning but the symptoms that I described started between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Come to think of it that is when she started going downhill rapidly. The last time I saw her in a "normal" state was Thanksgiving Day. I learned that the day after Thanksgiving she went shopping in her wheelchair and was in Target looking at things to buy for Christmas for over 5 hours. She was never the same after that. She was in and out of the hospital during that time. I have an appointment with my PCP on Tuesday and I am going to bring it up with him then.

It sounds like a manifestation of anxiety.....as well as sister in law you have been under a lot of stress over your disability hearing and waiting for the outcome for a long while..hope your PCP can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back