Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2003
Country
US
State
SC
I have a full-time job that I feel keeps me functioning normally. I'm in pain about the time I get home from work but it's manageable.

On the weekends, though! Oh my goodness. I find waking up the most painful process on Saturdays and Sundays. Does anyone else experience this?

I'm considering setting an alarm just to trick my body into thinking I'm going to work and then following my weekday routine. Suggestions or ideas?

Hi hldewar. I noticed this is your first post, so let me first welcome you to the forum. I'm sorry that you are constantly in pain and that it's been interfering with your life so much. It might be that you are shifting your focus from your pains to work during the week as a way of coping. During the weekends when you don't have to work, you suddenly notice the pain more. Or perhaps you are simply pushing yourself so hard over the week that your body is protesting after a while. The alarm trick might be worth trying, though I'm not sure it would be a long-term solution. Have you considered discussing this with a specialized counselor? I hope more people are going to answer your post. Take care :)

Hi! I agree that you are focused on your work, then when you get home, your focus shifts. Also pushing yourself during the week will definitely catch up to you on the weekends. I was a school teacher, and when I was working, I didn't have time to think about the pain. I just kept working and pushing myself. When I retired, I think my body screamed, "enough!" And my fibro got worse over time. It hasn't settled down yet, and it's been 6 years!

I don't know what the answer is, unless you look for ways to lessen stress at work. Then limit other commitments away from work, so you give your body time to recuperate.

Welcome hidewar,
I might suggest that you try soaking in a tub of warm, (not hot), water each night with a cup of espon salts in the water. You can add bubble bath as well, and relax. Espon salts are recommended by many sports doctors for the relaxing of muscles and for sprains and strains, and even the pain in muscles from fibro.

Another idea is to buy a cotton fiber stuffed pad or a feather stuffed pad, or a foam pad. The pads are designed to lay on top of your regular mattress pad, but under the sheets. They come in all bed sizes and are usually 3-4 inches thick. I have used the cotton fiber stuffed ones for years and they can help your muscles to relax, as well as, cushion your hips in comfort, and as a result you will sleep better.

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing you around here and posting more. Ask questions if you want to, as well as, post answers where ever you like. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear you are going thru this... I also have a hard time waking u sometimes, but it seems when I know I got to get things done somehow the pain is blocked a bit. Sometimes it doesn't. I really think you need to find yourself a hobby during the weekend, maybe having somewhere to go (a good reason to get up from the bed fast) will help you tremendously! Mind over body!

I don't know what the problem might be, but I think it is related to your biorhythm. You should wake up like it's Sunday and see what happens : maybe your pain will go away! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back