Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi,
I am not sure if I have fibro at all. I have read a lot about it and am still confused about what exactly it entails so who better to discuss this with then people with fibro. Looking for any feedback into my symptoms. Thank you.

I have had Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia for over two years bilaterally. For about five years I have had weakness, pain and numbness in my left arm on and off. Sometimes it is after using it but sometimes not.

About six weeks ago I woke up with the stiffest and most painful neck. I have never had pain with my neck. Even to move an inch hurt like heck. Over a year ago I had an MRI that did show a bulging disc in my cervical spine. The neck pain radiated up the back of my head, down my shoulder, around my shoulder blade to my ribs and then down my arm on both sides on and off. Different symptoms everyday from numbness and tingling to a sore bicep and weakness. My GP attributed it to the disc and I am in physio.

The neck pain has improved a lot but I have all of these painful sensations in my neck, head, shoulders, arms, shoulder blades, ribs and now in my hip area, down my legs in my thigh or shin. Pain, numbness, sometimes shooting pain or radiating pain. Little flashes and pins and needles.

Generally morning is pretty good and it comes on through the day and is at its worst in the evening. Yesterday morning my right shin hurt then went away. Last night I had a very painful left hip and now that is gone. Today it is my left rib and left arm. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I am seeing my neurologist next week but am unsure about what is happening here. I do have anxiety and have suffered from that on and off. I know that anxiety can cause physical symptoms but all of this? And, as many chronic pain friends will know, that all of this invisible pain certainly causes anxiety. How can it not?

I am used to living in pain because of my face. But I also put up with a lot of pain and don't say anything to anybody because no one understands and there is nothing they can do. But this is new territory and I don't even know where to start.

I also get muscle cramps and spasms in my back, arms and thighs. Fatigue for sure. Pain is exhausting. I feel like I am 37 going on 70! lol. I have problems concentrating and am foggy but that could be from the medication I am on for Trigeminal Neuralgia.

If you made it to here I thank you very much for reading!

Jane

Jane please check out my two posts called, what is fibromyalgia and starting a daily log book and why it helps.
this should answer some of your questions.

Hi Jane, and welcome to the forum. Fibro can come on without warning and often can follow another condition such as you mentioned with your neck and disk problems. However, until you are diagnosed with this condition you might be suffering from damaged nerves or even pinched nerves from your back issue. Either way this forum can help you to manage your symptoms better and feel more confident in your self which will lower any depression and anxiety your experiencing and help you focus on goals of feeling better by finding ways of managing your pain.

Be sure to read through the General fibro topic section, as well as, the Chronic pain and Alternative methods topic's. Be sure to try and back track though older posts and then read new ones as well. Ask questions and feel free to answer other members posts. Also we have a venting area which you can use to let go when life is getting you down. Also please share your experiences with the neurologist your going to see and whether you liked him or her, and quality of care. Often it takes seeing a few experts to get all the right answers to all your symptoms, so don't give up.

I look forward to seeing your name and reading your posts. :)

I can only echo what 1sweed has said good luck

This forum has been so helpful, I wish the best for you too. Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back