Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
Az
Hello. I am a fitness instructor and avid runner. After spending the last few years exhausted, in pain, headaches,doctor appointments every week I was diagnosed with fibro. I was currently taking a break from working out to heal pain in my legs I thought were stress fractures from a half marathon I ran.
I felt like a completely different person when not working out and on gabapentin with 5-htp, tumeric and krill oil. I felt like a human agai. Enjoyed people. However, I don't want to stop working out. I changed to low impact exercises, but still feel exhausted, achey, confused, dizzy and get headaches after.
I know most fibro patients can't barely make it through the day let alone workout, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. Just hard to know what to do. Is there anyome here that has been able to remain active? Run? Through fibro?

Hay welcome, don't feel bad about being able to work out.i think it's great u are moving,one thing I learned was the less u do ,the less u wanna do ,the less u can do.
Now that for me I understand not every fibro person can.
Fibro is a very personal illness so u really have to find what works for u.because only u no your body.
U may find swimming a better option .as the water does take all the weight off the body.yoga maybe good ,

Hi Anubette, good to meet you

I have been having a similer problem - I used to be pretty active, but now my body can't tolerate it. I am now going through the process of relearning my limits. The signals that I'm overdoing it are subtle while I'm exercising. When I feel a sharp pain that doesn't go away after a short rest it is time for me to stop. I walked too much on Sunday. It felt good at the time, but the next day my knee cramped up.

I have been able to walk and swim. I tried to jog a few times. I couldn't run more than 100 feet and I still hurt later. I have been staying away from group workouts and sports because I expect I will become distracted and not pay attention to my body. Swimming laps is my favorite - it is the best way I've found to get my heart rate up. I also find the feeling of moving in the water is soothing.

I hope you find a routine that helps you feel better!

Trust me if you undergo physical activity with Fibro, things would be worst, I have experienced every bit what you have mentioned, unless you have a fresh mind without medicines avoid any physical activity, specially running/gymnastics/aerobics etc

I wish you for speedy recovery.

Regards
Rahul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back