Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Anyone ever had this. It started with just a small spot under my bra strap, then spread out. I feel like bugs are biting me. Mostly my back but now it is a bite here and there on arms and legs but a constant itch/crawling feeling on my back. There is nothing there. Ive washed sheets, checked bed (no bugs), it is very weird. It itches sometimes but feels like it is inside-under my skin. It kind of feels like a bug is biting you (like a horse fly), when I look at my skin there is absolutely nothing there and no rash. Ugh...I'm so tired:( And now my diverticulitis is flaring up today....so tired of being sick all the time. Any body ever had anything like this?

I do! Itchy feels like bugs or something crawling on me. I'm sick of feeling sick all the time too. It's so exhausting. I don't have a remedy for the weird itches though.

Thanks links56. Well all the symptoms suck but this is one of them that I will NOT give up on trying to find a cure for. Its so terrible. Im going down the line. Next is the rheumatologist--then neurologist--Im already taking vitamin B12 shots to see if that may help some. Im very sick today. I have diverticulitis that I had surgery for about 15 years ago and I haven't had a flare up since then. Im having one now. I guess I should be thankful its been 15 years! But it is very painful and I wont eat anything to try and make it go away...if not I have to be put on antibiotics. Thanks for letting me know Im not the only one with the weird itches:)

Hi Brismom, I,'ve had fibro go 25 yrs but it wasn't until a few years ago that I experienced sudden itching mostly on my arms. No bug crawling sensation just intense itching that I'd scratch until my arms were beet red.No relief from oatmeal compresses, ice,lotions -NOTHING! After being turned down to donate blood because my hemoglobin was too low to measure I started iron supplements and No More Itching. Turns out that is a symptom of anemia (as well as a bunch of other symptoms I wasn't aware of).That's my mystery solved but I hope you're able to solve yours. I don't know if it even has anything to do with fibro but I thought I'd share. This is such a tedious journey that I'm glad to have an avenue for sharing experiences. Good luck on your journey.

Brismom... are you having this in different parts of your body? Is it a constant thing? 24/7? I get something similar, but mostly on my legs after standing up for a very long time. Sometimes I get it all of a sudden, most of the time I get it when I'm feeling anxious or very nervous. Have you seen a doctor for this? Do you get a check up often? Maybe check once a year how your kidney and liver are doing? If you haven't you should, just in case. This could be a neurological thing as well, if things continue like this for long, please make sure to see a doctor.

I will try the iron joonie. Trellum it started on my back and for a long time, it was just my back. And I will say it's pretty much just my back but it does go to my arms and legs occasionally. It is almost constant now and it has become constant over time. Yes, I have seen my doctor and she sent me to a pain doctor who put me on Neurontin for peripheral neuropathy. It hasn't helped much. I don't believe someone can be this sick and have nothing wrong with them. I have got to have some cancer that theyre missing because that's how bad I feel. I have been to regular docs, pain docs, and rheumatology and still nothing...oh I have real stuff diagnosed but nothing that should make me feel like this. Thx

Just a note, severe itching that does not go away with the application of cremes or lotions, should be looked at by your doctor to determine if it is an allergic reaction to your medication or may be even shingles. Never ever assume that fibro is the cause of everything. Any changes in health that do not go away need to be seen by your doctor as soon as possible. :)

I've had this same problem many times. I think mine, however is in my brain. I go outdoors a lot and will pick a tick off of me. For the rest of the day, most of the night, even waking up in the middle of the night, I feel something crawling on me. There's never anything there, but once I get that ONE bug, it's game over.
I do hope that your reasoning is as simple an explanation as I think mine is and it isn't anything serious! Keep us posted if you do find anything out.

I will try the iron joonie. Trellum it started on my back and for a long time, it was just my back. And I will say it's pretty much just my back but it does go to my arms and legs occasionally. It is almost constant now and it has become constant over time. Yes, I have seen my doctor and she sent me to a pain doctor who put me on Neurontin for peripheral neuropathy. It hasn't helped much. I don't believe someone can be this sick and have nothing wrong with them. I have got to have some cancer that theyre missing because that's how bad I feel. I have been to regular docs, pain docs, and rheumatology and still nothing...oh I have real stuff diagnosed but nothing that should make me feel like this. Thx

I'm soooooooooooooo sorry to hear that, I know how you feel exactly, but I really think the fault is on those lousy doctors. Gosh, you shouldn't be bad about this at all... doctors nowadays suck! They can't seem to be able to diagnose anything without a CT can: USELESS.

Have you noticed swollen lymph nodes? Any skin change? Like for example dark marks on your skin or a change in the color of your skin? Have you gotten a blood test done to check how your kidney and liver are doing?! Has lupus been ruled out by a doctor?

So sad to tell you, but we as patients need to do our own research now, since doctors don't seem to be eager to do their work. Yup, specially when it comes to symptoms and medical imaging... careful with the CT scans! Those idiots order CT scans as if those tests were 100% benign. So ignorant... hard to believe, right?

I honestly feel for you... there is nothing worse than not knowing what's going on! If things continue like this you should see a dermatologist. Your itch sounds so familiar to me.. it could be something as simple as dermatitis. Don't lose hope and keep searching! You are not wrong for wanting to find the truth! Those doctors have failed you, and there is no reason for you to feel bad about seeing several doctors in hopes to find a solution.

Don't worry! Don't think about cancer, I'm sure it's something related to your skin, but just in case get a check up, check how your kidneys and liver are doing. **HUGS**

Various medications have a list of side effects. Sometimes that could be the cause.
Some auto-immune diseases have itching and no rash as a symptom.
I once had a flare up of Eczema. I was shocked because it never ran in my family. Yet I was itching without a rash and very little redness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back