Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
hedon
My sleep cycle has now gone completely out of whack. I can no longer sleep for more than 6 hours per night, and I usually end up having a nap later in the day around 12-2, or around then. I know that some say that this is the natural pattern, but it certainly is awkward. I feel terrible in the mornings anyway. Also I'm always tried by 10pm now. I preferred it when I went to sleep around mid night and woke around 9am.

I know everyone has different sleeping patterns, but to sleep for 6 hours every night sounds pretty amazing. I am a terrible sleeper and over the course of a week I usually manage to sleep for about 9 hours. I have grown accustomed to my sleeping habits, and believe that as long as you rest your body ,it can function pretty well without sleep. However if you are used to sleeping for more than 6 hours nightly, You have my sympathy,as sleep deprivation can be horrendous, until you become accustomed it. Hope your sleeping pattern returns to normal quickly.

Last edited:
Same here, but maybe your problem will pass sooon, there are times I only sleep 6 hours a night, but it usually passes. Lately I'm also sleeping for just 6 hours a day, but I don't feel so tired, I actually feel great! Well, ok, not great, but at least not supeeeeeer tired.

I know everyone has different sleeping patterns, but to sleep for 6 hours every night sounds pretty amazing. I am a terrible sleeper and over the course of a week I usually manage to sleep for about 9 hours. I have grown accustomed to my sleeping habits, and believe that as long as you rest your body ,it can function pretty well without sleep. However if you are used to sleeping for more than 6 hours nightly, You have my sympathy,as sleep deprivation can be horrendous, until you become accustomed it. Hope your sleeping pattern returns to normal quickly.

9 hours per week? I don't know how you can function on that. I can function rather well only on 5 per day (although not ideal) but that just seems insane. How long have you been like this?

9 hours per week? I don't know how you can function on that. I can function rather well only on 5 per day (although not ideal) but that just seems insane. How long have you been like this?

I have had this terrible sleep pattern for 50 years. My mother relishes relating the horror stories of my lack of sleep as a baby. Her favourite is,on the doctors orders,she fed me a spoonful of whisky nightly from the age of 6 weeks. The alcohol did work, as I slept for a whole hour.
I function perfectly well:smile: I guess that not sleeping is "normal" for myself. although I do go to bed and lie to let my body rest.

I have had this terrible sleep pattern for 50 years. My mother relishes relating the horror stories of my lack of sleep as a baby. Her favourite is,on the doctors orders,she fed me a spoonful of whisky nightly from the age of 6 weeks. The alcohol did work, as I slept for a whole hour.
I function perfectly well:smile: I guess that not sleeping is "normal" for myself. although I do go to bed and lie to let my body rest.

So you function completely normally both physically and mentally? I think you must be going into a very shallow sleep without realising it. For me if i simply close my eyes and lay down for 20 minutes the effect is almost as good as a proper nap.

So you function completely normally both physically and mentally? I think you must be going into a very shallow sleep without realising it. For me if i simply close my eyes and lay down for 20 minutes the effect is almost as good as a proper nap.

I totally agree with you, I lie in bed for an hour or two every night , close my eyes and do sleep for an hour or so, when I get up, I feel fully wake,and full of energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back