Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
Kansas
Hi I am Chai I be ending dealing with this fibro for two years now and just now getting help. I did not know what bit was til now they have me on the highest dose of neronton and it is not working .I was a full time collage student and full time work plus with a two year old. I am so lost and need help I am not use to all this pain I can't even play wih my two year old like I should. The Dr have not gave me anything to help me even ease some of the pains I go through. I do not want to sound like a cry baby but I am only 25 and feel like I should not be going through what I am. I fight with work cause they don't believed me cause I been having back to back flare ups these last couple of months. So this is my begging and reaching out can some one help me on what to do plz plz plz

Welcome to the site.first Id say find a Dr that will help you. I have a two year old and I no how much work they are.
You need to insist that what ever Dr u do see give your some pain killers .tell them that u have a child that needs its mother ,I'm afraid u have to be abit hard headed when it comes to the Drs.
I only take tramadol and paracetamol .thats nothing to some ppl here. But I'd never move without them.tell them your not asking for hard core drugs. You simple want to move without to much pain , no one here is pain free. But u do need help.
This isn't going away so u really do need to stand up for your rights as a human.but what ever u do no that we are always here to listen . And help if we can.
Many ppl come though our doors most stay.i hope u do to because when I tell you having ppl around u that understand the hell your going through,can really make the world of difference .x

Along with Forgetmenot's good advise I would add that there are several things you can do for yourself as well.
Have your vitamin D levels checked, (simple blood test), as many fibro folks have low D and it can make you hurt more.
Try a memory foam pad on your mattress to make it easier on your body.
Get regular sleep.
Drink lots of water to flush toxins out of your muscles.
Many are also low in magnesium, taking mag. malate can help ease your muscles and also your mind.
Next, a BIG one; attitude is a large factor. There is much to be thankful for! You may even want to write down the things you are grateful for so on bad days you can go over it to remind yourself.
Take care, let us know how you are doing, feel free to vent here if you need to--we get your pain!

Hi Sunshine. As far as other meds, ask your doctor to check out the University of Michigan's Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center. There is a link there for a presentation by Dr. Clauw, who has done quite a bit of fibro research. Most of it has been partially funded by drug companies, so there is a medication bias. It's about 90 minutes long and he talks about meds, including medical marijuana, that have some impact on pain.

As far as more natural methods, I second adding Vitamin D and Magnesium Malate to your regimen. Check out the University of Maryland's Complementary and Alternative Medicine Guide and search for fibro. There is a good list there. They also recommend getting a thyroid test, T3 levels, which docs rarely order, as this may be low even if the standard TSH test is within "normal" range.

These are a couple good places to start that your conventional doc may view as more "legit" as they are from universities. Otherwise, there is a lot of information here in the forum of things folks have tried. Keep in mind that what works for some might not work for you. That's the "fun" part of fibro.

Get plenty of rest and relax. Once you've educated your doc (or found another good fibro doc), have a conversation about having him/her write a letter or complete a Family and Medical Leave Act Form if your company has more than 50 employees. This form should note your condition and the expectation that you may miss multiple days in any given time span from fibro related symptoms. This is to protect your job and your employer will need to accommodate your chronic illness. FMLA allows up to 12 weeks of unpaid time off for a medical condition and that doesn't have to be continuous. If you have to take an extended time away from work, they do have the right to hire someone to replace to replace you, BUT they have to provide you with a comparable position when you return.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back