Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
US
State
Ar
I was diagnosed with Fibro last year. Since then, every time I have a fibro flare, my neck and shoulders swell up like I've been stung by a bee! It drastically decreases my mobility in my arms. I usually can't lift them above shoulder height.

And my neck looks like I have a hunchback.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions other than ice/heat to deal with it?

Hi Seph, and woah! I have never heard of such a thing happening to anybody on this forum, not even myself! I hope you have already discussed this with your doctor, I'm not sure this is supposed to happen to at least a minority of people with fibro.

I've talked with my doctor. She has seen it first hand, and wasn't alarmed by it.

Seph, then I'd consider a second opinion. Just in case, you never know. I always do that when a doctor just say something like ''oh, it's fine, nothing to worry about'' and fails to tell me what could be causing it. Good luck!

I totally agree. I would seek another opinion. I also have never heard of this happening to anyone with fibro.

I had not heard these symptoms before, a little strange. I would recommend you seek other opinions with other doctors, you never know. I hope that you better. My regards

I have been Diagnosed With Fibro and I get flare ups and swelling of my neck and shoulders. My neck and glands get so swollen and tender and my face even swells. I've seen 3 doctors and a specialst this week and they said its part of the Fibro and beginning states and symptoms of another autoimmune disease since my autoimmune marker was positive on a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back