Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I know this is a forum for fibro which I have, as well as a host of other things, one being arthritis in my neck and shoulder. The doctor wants to do a total shoulder replacement and I am terrified. Anybody else ever had this done? If so, how bad is it? I have my husband to help me with the shopping, housekeeping, and laundry but what about personal hygiene? I don't think he can take care of my personal needs such as bathing, putting on my makeup, doing my hair and other personal matters. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has been through this and any little tips or hints you might have to share that will make the process easier.

Thanks
Kris

krista.

i have had my left shoulder rotators cuff fixed. but not what you are having. i know the pain i had and with each movement it got worse until it wouldn't
go back in the socket. the pain from the surgery was nothing compared to the pain i had when it would come out. its how i learned to say tippy toe pain.
i would have a 2 nd and 3rd opinion done.
if you are working i would take the family medical leave act for as much time off as you can. your hubby can do that too.
you will very quickly get used to doing things with your other arm and hand. the body adapts well when needed.
you will be able to bath as you have a good arm. the make up, do you really need it that bad? where are you going?
lying down and sitting up will be about all you can take for a few weeks. then you will be rolling like before.

nothing to worry about you will be out of pain and into reduced pain shortly.
get the drugs and take them. its about quality of life.

my tips are warm water. run it on the scar as often as you can. keep moving it. this will help you heal faster.
find a nice pillow for your head. lying down will be something you will need to get used to. put pillows on either side of you when you sleep.
this will keep you from turning on that side. have the hubby sleep on the couch as his weight on the bed will make you lean that way.
get walking as that will help you build the muscles. you move your arms when you walk.

good luck and dont give yourself more pain by stressing over what is going to happen after. you have help.

Thanks for the input. I am going through so much stress right now and I know I am making it harder than it needs to be but I don't know how to stop it. Wish there was a magic pill that would take away stress.

im with you there. do the tapping technique, it helps me a lot. hang in there you can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back