DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
US
State
Idaho
Hello,
I am struggling with fibromyalgia, major depressive disorder, anxiety, PTSD, arthritis and other issues. Yesterday visited the Dr. with symptoms of sciatic pain limiting mobility for past two weeks, also, weakness and soreness in right arm. After two weeks of struggling with these symptoms, I finally felt it was time to find out what was going on because it became alarming that it wasn't going away and it was affecting my ability to walk. Add to this I'm under a lot of stress because my dad is in assisted living and my sister keeps calling me with problems. (He lives in another state). Dr. comes back with: "You're having a flare, it's not sciatic, it's a muscle and tendon problem, feels like bursitis but it's not (Greater Trochanteric pain syndrome). Also, the arm problem is tendinitis. (Neither of which were caused by anything I've done!) He said: "Alternate heat and ice, slow down, rest, keep taking meds on time, and we'll set you up with physical therapy due to the range of motion being affected". Then he says "considering the nerves involved and the effect it's having on your gait, if you experience incontinence, get to urgent care right away!" Me thinking: "WTH!?!?". So I tell my hubby what is going on. HIS response is: "Well, you need to read up on getting some life insurance." So basically, his take on things is that I'm sandbagging and there isn't anything really wrong with me, that I've just "given up". I've had health issues ever since I was 31 and in the Navy, I would hardly think that fighting my issues for 23 years is "giving up"!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!! So today he can't handle that its gloomy and rainy outside and he can't do anything with the yard, so he leaves to go hang out with his dad. It's times like this I'm tempted to tell him to just keep driving and don't bother coming back. Sorry this turned into a rant, but I just had to get that off my chest, I'm in pain and his responses to my situation just piss me off!

I know how you feel, my husband doesn't understand at all & thinks I just need to get on with things! If only it was that easy! It gets to me so much that even the simplest of every day tasks are so difficult and with little understanding by my husband or girls it is so hard. I wish I could say that your hubby will ever get it but right now I don't believe that about my own hubby. The only thing that has kept me sane this last few months has been this forum. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back