Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Mississippi
At first my doctor thought I had anxiety, but a few months went by and the pain/aching has set in. He did a tender point test and some places didn't bother me but he barely pressed down. Other spots felt like sore/tender muscles. He did bloodwork, testing for a long list of things and it all came back normal so he referred me to a rheumatologist for January.

It's always worse right before my period, but I still hurt in between. My knees, especially my neck and shoulders hurt often. Everything cracks and pops pretty much every time I move after sitting still a while. I love to paint furniture, but lately I feel small cramps in my hand while painting. I now have a cold and I woke up today feeling like one big bruise. It literally feels like someone beat me up last night...especially around my hips, butt, and side of my thighs. I put my clothes on wondering what I did yesterday to make me feel like this! I am so not the indoors type person but I really just feel like laying down all day. I feel so old! I know you all can relate, but I am new to this and since I haven't been officially diagnosed yet, it's still hard to accept fibro can do this to me. I think I can handle this and accept it once I get past the fear of wondering if there is something else wrong with me. I feel crazy sometimes!

I was just diagnosed last week, my pain started slow then I woke up feeling like I had knives running through my body, went on for over two months (my gp was/is clueless) I went through pnonmonia with this pain. From what I've read you sound like you have it. At least you know and can start getting help, you can't treat it if you don't know what it is right? Cheers to better days ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back