Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
NY
Of course it's not that I want to live drug free with fibromyalgia, but I'm broke and now homeless too lol what can I say , gotta stay optimistic somehow right? :wink:
I did most research on supplements, food, and lifestyle. Sometime I gets good days sometimes I don't ( some are pretty bad) . but for a little more than 4 years I living with no drugs and no more doctor visit. I was agoraphobic do to my daily PD ( day and night) for 3 years indoor with no sunlight do to my sensitive eyes, nerve quake/ spasm pains , fatigue , fibro fog, horrible digestive problem pains, no stable sleeping pattern so every day is a jet lack and insomnia, not to mention the "other symptoms" I have to put up with during my panic attacks . And also lately I get the black out stress , which I think it's rather kinda funny cause I actually pass out every time I get piss off with anything that doesn't trigger my PTSD such as my boyfriend doing something stupid. As soon as I got mad at him I passed out sleeping for the next few hours. When I finally woke up I already forgot about it. I'm not actually sure if the angry black out is the part of fibromyalgia or not. What do you think? :confused:

Overall I feels like I'm on the good path even when my life is down in the dump at the moment. I can't fake my smile cause my teeth are crumbling down and grey after my vitamin D deficiency but now I'm rebuilding my calcium with D3&K2 ( it works cause my teeth are getting stronger and back to look like human teeth again even whiter) but optimistic is the best medication don't you agree? :smile: by accepting my condition and situation I think there's a road ahead and I can drive through it slowly even if it crash it won't be too much of damage lol :grin:

Hi Tipnatee,

I'm sorry that you are in that situation.It sounds like you have a positive attitude,and hopefully in the near future you can get back to a doctor for a checkup.The blackouts dont seem related to Fibromyalgia, I haven't heard anyone on this forum share that as a symptom, but I definitely would get it checked.

Good Luck

Sagey

Welcome to the family,sagey is right ,blackouts are not apart of fibromyalgia,panic attacks and blood pressure or even heart problems can make you pass out.you really should get looked at by a dr hunny.im. Or saying u have any of those,but it's not normal to pass out.

Hi Tipnatee,

I'm sorry that you are in that situation.It sounds like you have a positive attitude,and hopefully in the near future you can get back to a doctor for a checkup.The blackouts dont seem related to Fibromyalgia, I haven't heard anyone on this forum share that as a symptom, but I definitely would get it checked.

Good Luck

Sagey

I was hope it was just my brain trying to stop me from hurting my self, sometime looking at the bright side to much can actually blind me literally both metaphorical speaking and physically speaking.

Welcome to the family,sagey is right ,blackouts are not apart of fibromyalgia,panic attacks and blood pressure or even heart problems can make you pass out.you really should get looked at by a dr hunny.im. Or saying u have any of those,but it's not normal to pass out.

I think you're right, it mostly and probably the part of my PTSD stress reflexed . One that doesn't escalated to PD ( thank god) At least my bf seem to love the situation.

See if you can find a free clinic to go to. Most places in the USA there are clinics that are free or else on a "sliding scale" and if you are broke and can prove you are homeless they will not charge you anything or not much. See a doctor about all this stuff. I know there are clinics in NYC where you don't have to pay much or anything. It's no fun, you wait an hour or more on uncomfortable chairs in a cold waiting room with a bunch of sick people and screaming babies but at least you see a doctor and maybe get help. Do it soon.

I tried those places before but the stress and the wait ended up hurt me so much more , and took a lot longer time to get better after. Sadly after all that waiting , so little that those doctors would really willing, could, or capable to do to help me. ( since my case don't seem like a life or death situation) Lots of room lots of referring to other places to keep on going for more wait not enough time. Mostly just tell me to get disability. Physically I was qualify but sadly I'm just a permanent resident ( green card) and came to US after 1996. ( 2 years too late) So no that's a no also.

Tipnatee, I think the thing is that you just gotta not give up.

I would suggest that you go back to those places, or at least the best one that you went to, and tell them that you really need a referral to some place that can help you.

And you could also write letters, emails, to people and places that might help you.

In a city the size of NYC there have to be a ton of places and organizations set up to help people who fall outside the lines of where people normally get help. Non-profit organizations set up to help people with green cards to get what they need.

Unfortunately, no one can do this for you. You have to become your own advocate. You have to just keep trying and going to more places (by phone or email if not in person) and asking them if they can help you, and if they cannot then ask them for a referral to a place that might be able to.

I have found that if you just simply refuse to give up no matter what you can sometimes move a mountain. It takes time and energy, and of course the energy part is very hard for us. But a little bit at a time can do it too. One phone call a day, one email. Keep at it. Google is your friend. Research what is available and start somewhere.

Thank you so much 😊 for all the thoughts you've putting in. I'm not giving up but after trying so much and getting nowhere I have to turn around and taking care of my self before my depression get the best of me otherwise I would really have a life threatening situation to deal with. Believe be me it's closing in and it's not joking around. My last doctor referring me to physiatrist and that's where I will get when my finance situation is under control. Plus I can get citizenship and after that more doors will open up for me. But as for now this is as far as I could goes. I'm not being lazy about it, but with no address, huge credits problems , not citizen, no insurance, no job. I'm lucky enough to have bf and his family taking me in at the moment. It's true that my life was turned upside down in a matter of moment from top to bottom , but as for now I have to choose peace and stillness since my life depending on it.

Take care Tipnatee...im glad your bf family are there for you and i hope you do find some help soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back