Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Writing this is a nightmare.im shaking so bad.hands are the worst.i keep dropping stuff.i also get very tired.i have been on a diet for two months now and lost 22lb so far,but I do eat well.
And I've started to wounder if this is due to fibro .my dads waiting to find out if he has Parkinson's ,
I'm not saying I have that.but sadly everything my dad has so do I apart from the fibro.
So I'm asking how many of us shake?.

I've had shakes in the past when I had 0 strength. I couldn't keep a grip on anything. Have you had your blood sugar checked? Please be careful of your diet, I can't say if your week from lack of energy or if your muscles are just over taxed (not hard with fibro). But nutrition is vital. Maybe give the diet a rest for a day or two and see if that helps. Get some healthy fats, natural sugar and cleansing fiber in. A waistline is useless if your in the hospital!
My husband is border line hypiglosemic, occasionally he gets like that and a glass of sugar (orange juice, cola, exc.) usually stops it until we can get food in him. This is why I say check your blood sugar.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and I hope he gets an all clear from the test he's waiting for. Like the above poster, I shake A LOT when I have low blood sugar. It can make it so that I can't type or life things, or even stand and walk. A new diet can definitely cause these kinds of problems to pop up. It's possible that your body isn't adjusting to the new levels of sugar that are/aren't entering your blood.
I hope you're okay.

I got tremors in my hands a few months ago. My doctor ran some tests - the only thing out of the ordinary was low sodium. I was drinking too much water believe it or not. So I cut back on water and ate a little more salt, and the tremors went away.

I also get muscle spasms that make me drop things or break my gait, depending on whether it's in my arms or legs. My doctor says this is not a fibromyalgia symptom. She's sending me to the neurologist to see what he thinks.

I will be sending good thoughts for you and your dad. Hopefully it is something simple like it was for me

Oh DK I do hope you are ok. Did the dr say what she thought it would be?.

Thanks, forgetmenot. She didn't say, but I think ms is probably on the list of possibilities, along with some other neurological issues. I think it is possible to have muscle twitches that aren't related to any underlying condition. I'll find out more at the end of the week.

Shaking hands or hand tremors your right, and aren't necessarily a symptom of any other underlying medical condition. In the past I've experienced similar but after a few days it has just cleared up on its own accord. I was told by a few people that it's more than likely just my blood sugar level that got too low, but of course if you are worried, the doctor or even the pharmacy could be worth a visit just to make sure.

Thanks pwarbi, you are right about the tremors. My doctor told me that tremors that get worse when you are not using your hands are more worrisome that tremors that are brought on by use.

My doctor is concerned about the muscles twitching, which is a little different. It is a momentary, sudden involuntary contraction of a muscle group in my arms or legs. If the timing is right the twitch will make me suddenly drop what I'm holding or break my stride or stumble. Anyway, it might be something or it might be nothing. There's no way to know until I see the neurologist :)

Sorry DK, I will be watch to hear what your dictor finds.

Forgetmenot has your Dad found anything out yet?

Did you check your blood sugar and or add some sodium to see if that helped? If so did it?

My hands do shake sometimes, but nothing too notorious, I mean, I think most people wouldn't note until they actually pay a lot attention to it. And when it does happen it's usually out of nervousness. But then again... I've a cavernoma in my brain, and possibly another one in my dorsal spine, so.... It's hard to know what is causing what most of the time.

Best of luck with everything, I hope is not what you are thinking and you can find out what it really is soon.

Just wondering if you're on anything that may cause serotonin syndrome such as antidepressants or ultram. My rheumy put me on cymbalta and ultram at the same time and I had terrible shakes, tremors, weakness and involuntary jerks/ movements. I went through multiple tests and figured out on my own that it was the combination of those two meds. I weaned off the cymbalta and use ultram only as needed as it causes my insomnia to be worse.

I saw the neurologist. He was very reassuring. I am not showing any signs of ms or anything else like that. He said it might be related to too much serotonin, as Oneoftwin1 mentioned, but that would be unusual for the low doses I am taking of my medications. I still have one more blood test to check liver function too.

I get tremors quite often, and the more I read, the more surprised I am that it's not on the list of symptoms when i research fibromyalgia. It seems to happen when I'm over worked (I work long hours of moderately physical labor). I usually start to feel extremely tight in my neck, hands, and hamstrings. The shaking begins in my hands, so badly sometimes I cannnot complete a written sentence which i have to do at the end of my shift. One night it was so bad that it spread throughout my entire body and I could lift my foot off of the ground without it violently shaking. I had to have my parents pick me up at work (since I was by myself) because I could not trust my leg to operate the gas and break pedals. You're not alone with the shakes, believe me! I find myself questioning if my symptoms are real or if i'm just a whacko, specifically this one since i never see tremors as Fibro symptom lol. Maybe it is simply a proxy symptom due to over exerted muscles???

PS i am not on any SSRI SNRI or nerve medication. Just Xanax and pain killers, so the link to serotnin seems unlikely. Also, i've been taking every vitamin possible and there is no difference whether I was on or off of Lexapro, Oxycodone, or Alprozalam.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and I hope he gets an all clear from the test he's waiting for. Like the above poster, I shake A LOT when I have low blood sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back