DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/1999
Country
US
State
TX
Hello from sweltering TX, ya'll. :)

I have dubbed myself 'fibronaut', because much like an astronaut, it feels like I am constantly exploring new territory. I'm sure I am not alone! My fibro started out as an annoyance with an occasional flare, and is now a full time job. I don't have good days & bad days, my waves of pain can come every few hours! A good, refreshing night's sleep? I don't remember the last time that happened. :shock:

BUT - I always know how blessed I am. I have a husband, family, & friends that love me through the daily struggles.

It's nice, yet very sad, to know I am not alone on this rollacoaster. I look forward to chatting & sharing with my fellow 'fibronauts'.

Cheers!

Hello and welcome to the forum. Gosh, there are so many topics here to choose from I don't know where best to begin. Try reading the posts under the pain and fatigue sections, then move on to alternative methods and the general questions ask about fibro. Be sure to ask any questions on the topics that concern you and feel free to answer any topics ask by other members.

There are many off-topic sections, as well as, a place to vent when your having a really bad day. I look forward to chatting with you and getting to know you through your posts. Happy you found us. :)

I was just recently diagnosed and posted my hello just a few minutes ago. I just went to my pain management doctor who told me he wasn't going to say Fibromyalgia is a real diagnosis. So is it all in my head? I know the not sleeping is not all in my head. I know the pain I feel every day isn't in my head. I know the absolute exhaustion all the time is not in my head. How do people handle it when their illness is questioned? I have been made fun of for being disabled, told to get off my a** and get a job and pay taxes, that there's nothing wrong with me because I got my master's degree...all kinds of horrible things. And now I seem to be falling into another depression. What's a girl to do?

Never ever stop believing in yourself! And come here often for hugs and support and loads of information and new cyber friends. And lastly find a good therapist or pastor you can talk to who believes in you and can help you manage these depressive feelings. I know how hard it is and have gone through all of the above. So keep your head up and know IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT, you have Fibro, and be strong in knowing we do care about you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back