Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
Nsw
Hi all,

This all started 2 months ago... started feeling like an inside tickle on my left buttock and fitness Het a very uncomfortable sensation then felt it in ny left shoulder and upper back the similar sensation but it was unbearable like a inside deep tickle that made me want to hold my arm close to my body to try and relieve the sensation this was one of the worst symptoms I have felt from all this it was so strong and uncomfortableI thought I was having a heart attack! I also have what feels like in my left side of ny upper back pins and needles sensation and a stabbing feeling that comes and goes on the left side of my neck. I also had my left ear feel extremely itchy in the inside and my whole head just felt ticklish it was even in my eyes! And this feeling would go into the right ear also. I developed what felt like my whole back had an inside ticklefeeling..very weird! And I just felt like I wanted to rub it up against a wall or something to relieve it. Nothing will relieve it because its on the inside.

A week later I got terrible allergies,sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes, ears and it made the tickly feeling in my body worse. My chest and breathing felt shallow when exhaling and my ears felt warm and I felt flushed
I went to the ER thinking I had pneumonia or something but they had no answers for me besides I have anxiety which I dont! I am getting anxiety because I want to know what is wrong with me!

That tickly feeling in my left leg and buttock went away but does appear slightly sometimes
that extreme tickling in my left shoulder has gone but the pins and needles in my back comes and goes

I then developed twitching in my left calf and arm then it took over my whole body
stomach, legs,back,feet ..rarely in my arms
followed by sensations of electric zaps in my thighs

my stomach is always rumbling and I feel gassy!
And today I have what feels like a bladder infection, my lower pelvic area feels painful
I am still constantly feeling that deep inner tickle feeling in my back and my forearms and fingers

I have been to a neurologist and my reflexes and all were fine
no weakness. Going back next week for an EMG to test my nerves
Neurologist thinks its Post Viral Fatigue and hormones
because before all this started a few weeks back I had a virus and then I started Spirolactone for my acne but stopped it after a week due to it making me extremely fatigued
I then went on Yaz birth control and then switched to Diane-35 and stopped all medications 3 weeks ago thinking these were the cause because before I went on any of these medications I was fine!

I have had MRI's on my head and spine
results for head have come back showing slight white spots but most people have them
And also had a few nasal polyps and left maxillary sinus mucusal
The spine results have not come back yet

I have also had blood tests and all come back fine
ive had a stool test and it came back positive for a bacteria called dientamoeba fragilis

if I sneeze my stomach starts to twitch more and feels bubbly
it seems like everything I do exaggerates these feelings more

please if someone can relate to my symptoms please reply
I feel hopeless! I am only 25 and I cant even bring myself to go to work anymore
Before this i was very fit going to the gym 7 days a week doing weight lifting and sprints

I am worrying soo much because I am afraid! And I just want to sleep all the time hoping to wake up and everything goes away! I feel like something has took over my body and I cant control it

Oh you are so young to be suffering so much. It could be fibro but it may not. One thing is for sure (which is so hard ) is stress will make fibro worse and keep it misbehaving. If you can cope without it causing you too much discomfort try to carry on doing some gentle exercise even if its just walking.

What is the treatment for your stool bacteria? It is true anxiety can mimic and cause so many things and although the symptoms started first some of what is happening could be severe anxiety now.

I have fibro but my son (around your age who is fit, bright ,travels the world and seems super confident) started getting fatigue, odd stomach symptoms, weeing a lot, aches, blurry vision and he got more and more distressed by them until he had to come home for some reassurance and medical check ups as he was convinced he had something awful.

Turned out he was fine but he couldn't get back to normal straight away and just 'accept' his body had gone delicate and sensitive and started going to bed early like you just to escape the fear.

With love and his own strength of mind and some rest he recovered and his symptoms faded and he gained control back.

I am not saying you can do that as you will want to rule out any illnesses...if its post viral fatigue rest ..but if you can ignore as much as possible and distract yourself and make the most of what you can do it could all calm right down and make a good recovery

What did the neuro advise you to do?

Is there any history of fibro or chronic fatigue in your family?

Do you have family to turn to?

Take care of yourself and maybe others will post soon x

Last edited:
Wow! Interesting symptoms. I'm a newbie to fibromyalgia, so I don't have any answers on that front. I wonder if it's a weird allergy. Allergies can start suddenly like this. it could even be a detergent, perfume, or food you have used for years.

You are not alone. This is a good place to vent and worry! I hope you find answers soon.

Hi Willow

thank you kindly for replying back
its just so difficult trying to make myself believe it is anxiety
I have a history of anxiety but it all went away a few years ago with the out of the blue panic attack
The neurologist put me on anti depressants and ive just started them two days ago
And he said to reassure me he will give me an EMG nerve testing next week
there is a family history of depression and anxiety
yes yes I have family and friends all looking out for me

thanks Willow and happy to hear your son pulled through it
god bless xx

How are you Maria 90? Did you have the nerve test?

Hi
I am new to this form. I have had FM for a year or so know.
Doctor has prescribed 70 mg Elvel at bed time. Other then waking up very sore it seems to be controlling most of my symptom's. Others have been reduced in pain greatly.
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back