Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
This is the second time, tight chest very painful, through sternum to middle of my back. It felt like i was have ing angina or heart attack, but i knew this had happened to me before and to go to e.r. Would be a waist of time. Better today, but i'm dealing with cfs today.a cold ice pack on my back helped a bit. I'm bedbound, wish i could explain to family it's fibromyalgia flair, but does no good.
We'll happy sunday.

Aweee Im so sorry..are you feeling better with that? I get that so much..so hard not to go to the emergency room. All theyre going to find is nothing and theres another bill :(.

This has been a big one for me. It seems to come mostly with my spasms. Tizanidine has helped a lot with those.

I was diagnosed with costro about 18 years ago. It would come and go over the years. With fibromyalgia I get it frequently. Do also have the correspondending pain between my shoulder blades, but sometimes have one and not the other. For the first time they sent me home from work this morning. I'm pretty bummed. Just hurting all over and have new symptom of tingling fingertips which I know is common. Since I'm home anyway, I'm going to try to get into the public pool and do some water therapy! Got to see the silver lining.

Way to go Getmegirl! I love pool therapy! What is costro?

Moe,
I've experienced those twice now and wondered what the heck was going on. It felt like a vise just squeezing my chest and all the way around to my back. I don't recall how long each one lasted but would guess a few minutes.
Thanks for sharing about your chest pain. Now I will make sure this is a symptom I mention to my doctor.

The Dr.s told ME it was the ? BETWEEN MY HEART AND CHEST. HE HAD ME LIFT MY ARMS ABOVE MY WAIST AND TOUCHED ME SOMEWHERE ON MY BACK, IT WAS VERY PAINFUL, I YELPED OUCH, ALONG WITH TEARS.

Costo is short for costochondritis. My doc described this as an irritation or break in the cartilage between the sternum and the ribs. I don't know how this ties to fibromyalgia, but that point on your chest is a fibro point on the test. It's about 3" apart at nipple level. Have had referred pain up into my clavicles when the pain is extreme. I understand why this might feel like a heart attack. If you think it might be a heart attack, you should still get checked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back