Not open for further replies.

charmcitymama

Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
Maryland
Hi everyone haven't been on here for a few weeks. Still learning how to deal with having fibro along with costocondritis. I can now say that the costo isn't as hateful as it once was but the fibro, well you all know how it is. It seems like as soon ass I start to get used to having fibro out of the blue a new symptom crops up. Lately I have begun to have issues with my throat. Just finished my second round of antibiotics for strep throat that I couldn't get rid of. I have constant pain were I feel as if someone has taken an icepick and is jabbing me in the throat with it, the redness in the back of my throat doesn't want to go away, persistant dry mouth and now my throat muscles are starting to tighten up to the point that it is obstructing my breathing.
Laying down at night is almost impossible as it feels like someone is slowly tightening my throat muscles like uou would guitar strings. It's both starting to scare and tick me off. I have had to take my asthma inhaler yhree times today as this has triggered my asthma. I haven't had to take my inhaler that many times in one day since I was a kid. I don't want to have to take it anymore today and possible end up triggering an ashma induced heart attack.
So know that I have vented about my latest issues tell me, has anyone else had or have similar issues with heir throat and if so how have you treated/coped with it.

Charmcitymama, I'm so sorry! That sounds completely awful, have you talked with your doctor about this? I've NEVER ever heard fibro could ever cause this kind of issues with your throat! It sounds quite serious, if you keep feeling that way then you should really consider asking a relative take you to the ER. Specially if it gets way worse! By the way... I also suffer from asthma, and if it was me I'd already be at the ER :(

So know that I have vented about my latest issues tell me, has anyone else had or have similar issues with heir throat and if so how have you treated/coped with it.

:sad: This sounds horrible. If I'd have to guess, I'd think that your throat and breathing issues aren't related to fibro, *but* there's something definitely going on there and it sounds as if you need to make a [probably emergency] appointment to find out what's happening.

Did you start any new meds around the time the breathing difficulty started?

You might be having an allergic reaction to the medication. Please see your doctor as soon as possible. Anytime you experience breathing problems and severe throat soreness it is important to see a doctor right away. :)

Trellum I asked my mother, whose suffered fro fibro since I was in high school, if she has ever had the sams problems she said she did in he beginning. Its the tightening if the neck muscles that is causing the problem. Went to my chiropractor on Monday and got a little bit of relief. The muscles in my neck aren't as tight since my adjustment. Going to the er is not a optition as I don't have health insurance and have spent way to mucn time and money there in the lasf 8 months. Aat his point the only thing I ca do is keep seeingmy cchiropractor, take my asthma medicine, and start getting back into my yoga practice to help keep my muscles loose. Thank you for both your advice and concern Trellum.

Mariposa no I haven't started any new medicines lately but figured out the asthma is being triggered by my allerigies to mold and dust. Not to mention this damp air here in MD is not helping one bit. 1sweed saw my gastrologist on Monday as well he believes the severe dry mouth is due to combination of my acid reflux and the acid reducing medication I am taking. I take two zantac 150s a day to help with my reflux. He is putting me on nexium to see if that will helping. Thanks everyone for a
l the help. It is greatly appreciated. On a side note have any of your started yourmown blog on here and if so how do you start it?

Starting a blog is easy. Go to the top of the page on the left side it says "Blogs" click the arrow and a list opens up underneath. Choice the first one that says "my Blog", and click on that. It will take you to a open page where you start your blog. On the left hand side there will be a list that gives you choices. Choice the one concerning adding a blog entry and then just start it like you did here posting. Choose a Title and then just blog.
Anymore questions just ask and I will help you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back