My feet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried Flexi shoes? I bought a pair of really nice looking boots, this brand... and I couldn't even feel the ''high'' heel. But my feet did hurt a bit after a few hours, lol. There are some shoes I just can't wear tho, like the ones I bough some weeks ago... after 5 minutes I was dying!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found that pedorthists are much better than podiatrists, because they will sell you both shoes and orthotics at the same time. Often, the shoes they sell, are not available at local stores, because they are made to be used with orthotics. And they sell much more comfortable orthotics. It'll cost you more, but if you have the money, it's definitely worth it. On my first visit, they spent 1 1/2 hours with me!

Wow, but what about the looks? Do those shoes look good or not? This might sound silly, but I'm just 26 years old and I still want to wear nice shoes :( I'll try to find a pedorthist :)

It probably because of wrong type of shoes especially shoes that are not supporting your heel properly and from being overweight. I would advise to wear shoes with good arch support and proper cushioning. I know finding the right shoe is difficult so here is a useful tip for you : Check your shoes by flipping it over. The better they twist and bend, the better they are following the mechanics of your feet and thus the movements of your body. I Hope it helps!

Thanks, Sophie! I have actually found a really good pair of boots that are extremely comfy, but my toes still give me trouble from time to time. By the way, I'm not overweight, but when I was, I did notice a lot things hurt me so bad! I guess I need to buy more expensive shoes and forget about high heels shoes. I actually found a pair of high heel boots! Those shoes are way more expensive, but totally WORTH it! No doubt about it!

Foot pain can be a sign of small fiber neuropathy:

And that form of neuropathy has been found to be prevalent in many people with fibromyalgia:

- Mark

Mark,
Tell us about these conditions in your own words or just mention the two types of neuropathy. That way members can do their own web searches. Links not allowed on the forum.

Aw, too bad I couldn't see the whole message :( Anyways, thanks for clearing that up! I often assumed foot pain could be linked to fibro, but I wasn't 100% sure. I just thought I was an extremely unlucky girl. Lately my feet are better... I wear a pair or really nice boots that are quite comfy... they are like slippers! They actually look like that! I really recommend everyone with foot and toe issues to find the most comfy shoes they can! Mine don't offer a lot support, but oh G-d! they are amazing! I feel no pressure on my toes... or soles! Like magic! They were expensive, but totally worth it!

Trellum, I used to have a lot of problems with my feet until I found Z-coils. They aren't very attractive foot wear, and they are expensive, but they worked miracles. I wear mine everyday, and if I don't, my feet start hurting again. I also buy mine when the company has a clearance, to save money.

I also get pains in my feet, mostly in the morning after I wake up. It feels like I have something stuck on the front part of the bottom of my feet and in my toes and in-between my toes. For the longest time I thought I had glass or a needle stuck in my foot it's awful! I honestly can't walk for like 30 min or more after I wake up and it takes all morning for the pain to go away. It's so weird.

Trellum
I also have issues with my feet, sometimes when I wake up they hurt awful like I have been walking on them all day, and I can't put them on the floor, I also have the feeling like pins and needles in them and it is not because they have fallen asleep, I got a foot bath and use that when ever they feel so bad and my husband got me a a heated foot massager you just stick you feet in this cushion and turn it on , it does feel good
try it
Tracy

Thank you :) I actually see feet as one of the most important parts of my body! I mean... if you can't walk without feeling a really inmense pain, then what kind of life is that?! I'm glad you found something that worked for you, but... did you ever have a hard time when buying shoes? If you did... do you still have a hard time when buying new shoes?

I do have trouble with bying shoes,i have so many that I can't wear, and they fit, my feet just get tired and sore, so when I am home I usually just wear thick socks

I do have trouble with bying shoes,i have so many that I can't wear, and they fit, my feet just get tired and sore, so when I am home I usually just wear thick socks

I know what you mean, frustrating, isn't it? Something strange happened to me some months ago... my favorite shoes stopped fitting me! Fortunately I tried them on again a few days ago and they fit again. Has something like this ever happened to you?

Trellum
I also have issues with my feet, sometimes when I wake up they hurt awful like I have been walking on them all day, and I can't put them on the floor, I also have the feeling like pins and needles in them and it is not because they have fallen asleep, I got a foot bath and use that when ever they feel so bad and my husband got me a a heated foot massager you just stick you feet in this cushion and turn it on , it does feel good
try it
Tracy

Thanks a lot for the advice, Tracy! I'll try to get a heated foot massager! By the way, do youir feet ever get numb or cold too? It happens to me, I don't know what's worse the pain or the numbness. Do you wear special shoes? Sometimes my toes hurt no matter how comfy the shoes I wear are :-x

I also get pains in my feet, mostly in the morning after I wake up. It feels like I have something stuck on the front part of the bottom of my feet and in my toes and in-between my toes. For the longest time I thought I had glass or a needle stuck in my foot it's awful! I honestly can't walk for like 30 min or more after I wake up and it takes all morning for the pain to go away. It's so weird.

So sorry to hear you are going tru this :( Have you see a podiatrist? Maybe you'd benefit from seeing one, if you haven't done so yet! I heard there are several dysorders of the feet that must be treated as soon as possible. I think I have a structural deformation of my feet, in this case nothing can be done, but some disorders do have a cure :)

Trellum, I used to have a lot of problems with my feet until I found Z-coils. They aren't very attractive foot wear, and they are expensive, but they worked miracles. I wear mine everyday, and if I don't, my feet start hurting again. I also buy mine when the company has a clearance, to save money.

Wow, I just checked those out! They look like nothing I had ever seen before, I mean, not many shoes with that design out there! They look very expensive as well! I bet they cost a lot, not sure I could find them over here, but I could try to order them online. Good thing is I barely walk or move nowadays, so not much walking! Thanks for the tip :)

I know what you mean, frustrating, isn't it? Something strange happened to me some months ago... my favorite shoes stopped fitting me! Fortunately I tried them on again a few days ago and they fit again. Has something like this ever happened to you?

Thanks a lot for the advice, Tracy! I'll try to get a heated foot massager! By the way, do youir feet ever get numb or cold too? It happens to me, I don't know what's worse the pain or the numbness. Do you wear special shoes? Sometimes my toes hurt no matter how comfy the shoes I wear are :-x

yes, my feet get so cold, and also one of my hand gets cold and hurts, it is usually on my right side my left hand will be nice and warm and my right is freezing and hurts, , my big toe on my right side is very painful like I broke it , I have had it x-rayed and it is fine , but it swells and gets red, and no matter what I wear it is uncomfortable, no I like shoes to much i keep buying them hoping they will be comfortable , but so far nothing is , i will not give up though, :roll:

So sorry to hear that! I've bought several pairs of shoes and so far they have helped me a lot. They're really comfy and offer a lot support, I think they are perfect for people like us, Tracy :) I bought a pair of winter boots from them, they are like slippers, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back