Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
US
State
ND
I have been experiencing a very itchy scalp and have noticed that it seems to be worse when my pain symptoms are strong. Anyone else have this. I actually had my husband check me for lice because it itched so badly. Really feels like something is crawling under my skin. Driving me crazy.

Have you been taking prescription pain meds? I find that when I take a larger than usual dose of pain medicine, I sometimes get itchy. (A friend of mine who has been battling cancer for many years has noticed the same thing.) I take Benedryl when that happens and that does the job for me.
I hope this helps.
Laura

How long have you been suffering from this? Do you suffer from PCOS? I ask because i had the same issue during the onset of a really bad PCOS episode, I lost a lot hair some months after that. The itch was terrible. I'm not saying by any means that's what you have or anything like that, but I'd really like to know how long you have been suffering from that? Also, is only your scalp itching or there are other itchy zones in your body?

This may or may not help you, but maybe it might help someone who reads. I have dandruff and know that is part of my problem with the itchiness. Using tea tree oil for years and hasn't helped with the itchiness. Some time ago I read to try coconut oil. I melt the oil (usually I can just sit it on the bathtub because it melts at around 78 degrees) and use it like a hair oil treatment, massage it into my scalp really well and let it sit on my hair for 5-7 minutes while in the bath, then wash out with shampoo. The relief from the itchiness is amazing.

My daughter who has eczema and itchiness, even when her skin is clear and there is nothing that appears should be causing itching, uses it too and she says it helps.

Hope you find some relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back