Status
Not open for further replies.
I had mono in college, at age 22, very badly. I was in the hospital for almost a week with a very high fever and dehydration from it. I wasn't the same after that, always tired and sore, when before I was very active, and healthy. I was diagnosed with fibro about 5 years later.

I was diagnosed with mono at 15 while at boarding school and diagnosed with fibro when I was 16.

Yep: I was sick with mono for an entire academic year in grad school, but also had other viruses when I was a child. I've had terrible IBS since my teen years and was diagnosed as having FMS in my 30's. There is a lot of clinical evidence associating viral infections with central nervous system damage and FMS, CFS, etc.

what? mono? is that that nasty pain my throat that feel like it's sore all the time? Jeez. I was told I have scleroderma and that tissue would start hardening the organs and would make swallowing difficult as it worsened. I get sores on my hands that eventually turn into this...stretched tight looking shiny skin, and it's starting to happen on my forehead. I don't know what's what anymore...I don't want to give in to this!
this is is addition to fibromyalgia, thyroid problems that aren't controlled, arthritis and all that goes along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back