DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
ZAF
State
KZN
Hi,

I am a 32 year old male diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 6 months ago.
I suffer daily with pain, particularly in my upper back, however my arms, legs, neck
shoulders are all affected. I am having problems with stomach pain as well.
I hardly sleep - like 2 hours a day and that's it. I'm constantly fatigued.
I mainly use heat for pain relief but its only temporary (about 2hours)
I have had no pain relief from any medication that I have taken (eg. Lyrica, Cymbalta)
I have a really high tolerance for pain, however i can't take it anymore. It's ruining my life. Can anyone point me in a direction of how I can get some relief?

You need to find a way to get sleep. If you're not getting enough sleep then your symptoms will be significantly worse. As someone with fibro, you need as much sleep as possible.

Is it the pain that's stopping you from sleeping? Have you addressed your lack of sleep with your doctor? Your doctor really needs to work with you on getting a good amount of sleep every night. It make a huge difference. I even wonder if your meds would be more effective if you were sleeping more.

I'm so sorry! I KNOW you have to be in a lot of pain. Even if you have to go on a sleep-aid, your doctor has got to help you get the sleep you need every night. This is very important.

I agree with DeeDee, you need to get some sleep. Right now the only thing that is helping me to sleep is the vitamin B complex and smoking some pot a couple hours before going to bed. I'm not taking any kind of medications either, mostly because I fear the dreaded side effects and my fibro hasn't reached a point in which I can really say: ''I just can't take it anymore''.

You're living in South Africa, right? Is medical marijuana legal there?

Unfortunately medical marijuana is not legal here but I sneak in a few puffs every now and then.

It is the only stuff that helps my pain.

I have tried the conventional fybro drugs such as Lyrica and Cymbalta but they offer no pain relief. I was in hospital with the terrible back pain and spasms I experience and my liver was getting damaged with all the meds I was taking.

Try some holistic therapy maybe, headspace app is great or I find mindfulness really helpful to relax me, take away the pain and finally fall asleep. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back