Scared have 1st rheumatologist appt next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsFish

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
ID
My nuero basically wrote me off once he decided I likely have fibro and refered me to a rheumatologist. Every single rheumatologist in my town has bad reviews, and of course I got the one with the worst reviews of all. He only had three but they said he doesn't seem to like women, left almost in tears, and felt like he was trying to get rid of me. Not very confidence boosting.

My nuero wanted me to go to my PC to get a referral so I don't think he will be very receptive to me calling back and saying, I don't want to go to this guy, and my PC is making me come in for my yearly check up first so I can't get in to see her until late may. Then I can possibly get a new referral. In actuality none of the rheumatologist come recommended so I wouldn't even know who to ask for...

So how do I plan for this kind of appt. Is it even worth going to? My other option is a dr in a pain clinic who specializes in fibro but uses anti virals too treat too.

I am so confused.

Go on your own schedule, because you are the one paying. I also had no luck with rheumatologists, and found they were an expensive way of just confirming the diagnosis my PC gave me of fibro and arthritis.

Luckily, arthritis is not difficult to treat at home without drugs. It takes extreme diligence and effort, but it is simple if you can do the work. I cured mine by avoiding all foods that cause inflammation. Arthritis is just a fancy word for joint inflammation, so just remove what is inflaming you. Blood type dieting is working wonders for me. Focus on removing sugar, dairy, grain, and starchy foods like potatoes. Also, environmental factors like dust and mold can cause inflammation. Clean your home deeply as well. Sweat therapy is very helpful in expoditing the healing process. Far infrared saunas are the best because they help you sweat from deeper into your joints, but hot epsom salt baths or humid saunas help too.

Good luck with that, mate. I've never done it and I wish you the best of luck.

Why dont you go and hope for the best?

Perhaps, the people who wrote the reviews might be an exception to the rule.

Good luck, I hope you find the answers you are looking for. We, here, are always here to help, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back