Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2017
Country
US
State
NH
Has anyone had the FM/a blood test for Fibromyalgia? I heard the blood test is 99% sensitive (accurate) and can finally give a definitive diagnosis to those suffering. I am considering having this done and was wondering on others experiences. I have Sjogren's (autoimmune) disease and was told by my rheumatologist that she thinks I have also developed Fibromyalgia. I would like to know for sure if I have it because my symptoms are many and I am not always sure what is Fibromyalgia and what is Sjogren's. I am new to this group.
Thanks

From my experience with Fybo I understand it to be a diagnosis of exclusion. I have also been "diagnosed" and suffering for over 10 years. I have been tested for everything and including Sjogrens (negative) and although my "tests" don't show anything definitive in arthritis my inflammation factor is 39 (normal is 8 or below). My Mother has had MS since she was 19. There is a test for that, a spinal tap. I would be very interested where you found the information on a blood test. So many new things out there and I have such trouble keeping up since most of my energy is spent just trying to get through the day. You will find that most autoimmune disease diagnosis (Sjogrens) are not usually stand alone conditions. All most all have several "groupings" that piggyback one another like Fybro and Sjogrens or Arthritis and Fybro or Ryanauds disease and Sjogrens and/or all of the above. Since Fybo is most often a result of stress or injury induced it makes sense that if you have another pain causing condition then you will most likely develop Fybo as a way of the body coping (but that is actually the opposite of what happens). Over time, often it is hard to tell what condition is causing the pain and episodes or "flares".

Check out FMTest.com
There is all kinds of information along with peer reviewed studies on the blood test.
Sorry to hear that you have been suffering for so long. It's so hard.

Yes, I have taken the FM/a blood test. I scored 96. Waiting currently for the clinical trial to begin.

Has anyone had the FM/a blood test for Fibromyalgia? I heard the blood test is 99% sensitive (accurate) and can finally give a definitive diagnosis to those suffering. I am considering having this done and was wondering on others experiences. I have Sjogren's (autoimmune) disease and was told by my rheumatologist that she thinks I have also developed Fibromyalgia. I would like to know for sure if I have it because my symptoms are many and I am not always sure what is Fibromyalgia and what is Sjogren's. I am new to this group.
Thanks
Yes, I have taken the FM/a blood test. I scored 96. Waiting currently for the clinical trial to begin.

Did your insurance cover the test to be done? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back