Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NM
Although I've had fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome for a decade, I've finally received an official diagnosis. It was amazing how many doctors I had to go through to finally find out what was wrong.

Anyway, glad to be here.

Raven,
Welcome to the forum. What you said about the number of doctors you saw just trying to get a diagnosis is pretty much standard. It is a real shame that more doctors are not informed about the symptoms of fibro, or don't believe it is a illness, or just don't care enough to help. I went through a fair share of them myself before getting a diagnosis that stuck. But at least you found out and got yours.

Now you have the job of learning ways you can personally help manage your condition. By reading through the posts on this forum you can learn about medications and side effects, and other ways non-medical that can help relieve some of your pain and the stress in your life. Be sure to read some of the older posts in the different sections as they are loaded with lots of good coping skills.

Feel free to ask more questions and join in answering questions, and groan and moan, if your having a bad day. We try hard to be very supportive and listen when you just need people who can totally understand what your going through. Glad you found us. :)

Hi raven glad you finally got a diagnoses. And glad you signed up to be here. I really like it here everyone is helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back