DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2005
Country
US
State
TX
Hello!

My name is Bryan and I hail from Dallas, Texas. I'm new to the area and I am working as a chemistry post-doc at a university. It's an awful job, but I get to do what I enjoy so I can't complain. I'm pretty healthy barring my fibro, a bit of ADHD, and some nerve damage.

Believe it or not, I am in decent shape. I try and run 10 miles a day if time allows it, but my nerve damage prevents me from doing much strength training. I was diagnosed with fibro in 2005 due to severe pain and restless leg syndrome in my legs. As a result, I was fortunate enough to have gabapentin added to my cocktail of adderall, methadone, and testosterone. I'm 29 and I feel like a senior citizen taking this many medications (no offense to any older folks :) ).

Fibro has been more on my mind because lately, my legs have been getting worse and worse. On nights I don't run I am almost guaranteed no sleep due to pain and twitching. I hope to gain some knowledge on this forum and chat with some interesting folks as well.

Welcome to the forum. Have you ever tried adding epson salts to a tub of warm water and soaking in it to help relax your tight muscles? Have you ever thought of getting a thick mattress pad, that lays on top of your main mattress, and is 3-4 inches thick. These pads come in all body sizes and give your body a heavenly soft pad to sleep on at night. They come in cotton fiber and stuffed with feathers, or foam. The price is reasonable since your trading off a good nights sleep or one filled with pain and restlessness.

Have all other muscle illnesses been ruled out?

Maybe your pushing yourself too hard and not allowing enough down time, in relaxing instead of always on the go. Try reading through the posts on pain management and see if any of the suggestions might help stop the pain you are experiencing. Glad you found us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back