Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
CT
Since I've had Fibromyalgia my eyes have been extremely sensitive to light. I pretty much wear sunglasses most of the time but recently I noticed some changes when I'm in the sun. I've spent pretty much every summer in the sun and I naturally have dark skin and tan easily. My 3rd time in the sun this summer I got a really bad sun burn which was weird bc I can't even remember the last time I had a sunburn. I started using sunscreen and even with the sunscreen I notice I have a redish tan. Yesterday I forgot to put on sunscreen and I wasnt even in the sun that long but I got sunburn over my tan which was really weird. I started googling and came across something called Medication Induced Sun Sensitivity. The medication I'm taking falls into this category. Has anyone else ever heard of this or had this problem? When I woke up this morning the redness went away but it feels like my skin is crawling and it hurts to the touch. I had to wear yoga pants to work bc it is the only thing I can stand wearing at the moment.

I'm afraid this is probably something that the majority of us have dealt with. I hate nothing more than to fear getting burned pretty bad when I go outside during the summer because of the medications that I am taking.

One of the things that I've found to be the most important when going outside when the sun is intense is to keep as much of my skin covered as possible. I look for light fabrics and go with that as much as I can.

So sorry you are going thru this, but it seems this is a quite common side effect of the meds a lot folks in the forum take and this is one of the reasons I'm not treating my pain and fatigue with meds. They just make things worse sometimes, but I do know that I'll reach a point when I'll surely need taking those meds, but meanwhile I'm trying to stay away from them for as long as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back