Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/1999
Country
US
State
wa
Hi, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia probably 15 years ago, mostly muscle pain that I hate being touched; my recent and previous bouts with diverticulitis has put me on 10 day regimines of antibiotics. I have found that when on the antibiotics, I have little to no pain from the fibromyalgia. Is there anyone else out there that has experienced this? I am really confused. I dread going on the antibiotics when this other condition flares up because of the horrible nausea that is involved with it; but the freedom from pain for about a month after the antibiotic regime just befuddles me.

I did experience less pain when I was taking antibiotics to treat a sinus infection that turned out to be just a tension headache (useless doctors!), but even tho it might sound tempting, I don't recommend you to use antibiotics for too long. We are already having serous issues with more and more bacteria becoming resistant to most of our antibiotics... actually, they just reported the first case of an antibiotic resistant bacteria infecting food.

Also... antibiotics are awful for your immune system and truly damage your intestinal flora, they kill all the good and bad microorganisms in your body. Antibiotics should be used only when truly needed.

Oh I know all too well about the repercussions about antibiotic overuse, and I only take them when absolutely necessary, I was just trying to tie the two together about antibiotics and pain relief and what is really going on in the body, does it cause the inflammation of the muscles and nerves to subside? And if it does is there another component or constituent that maybe is in the binders and fillers of the medicine instead of the actual antibiotic. Just curious.

That's good :) Well, I don't think we will get any answer to that anytime soon :( Unless they start actively researching this, I'm thinking of someone capable to run a private research, sadly it's not very likely :( Btw, I did also notice the antibiotics made me feel much better, even my helped to calm my tension headaches!

Hi, I'm new here :)
In 1995 an infectious medicine doctor put me on a Zithromax regimen specifically for my chronic fatigue, and I was really surprised that it lessened my pain and made quite a difference in my fatigue. Obviously I couldn't stay on antibiotics a long time but it did help. I've also noticed that right before a huge flare I get a burst of energy. Makes me think my immune system goes into hyperdrive.

an afterthought... I work for a doctor and we talked about it and Prions were mentioned. I can't remember the whole conversation though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back