DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
6/2006
Country
Uk
State
fife
Hi there everyone
Im new to this so if my text sometimes looks like im drunk im not.
Foggy day today.
Im so depressed at the way drs are treating my fybro (should i say not treating me )
Im just getting ignored really theres no real response really when i go to my drs with related questions and request for pain releif. As i have an outstanding chronic pain injury( back)
Why are our drs in uk so unresponsive about fybro?

Welcome Kay! I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, but truth is... it really seems doctors almost everywhere are like that. Yeah, they have done to me as well. i had to insist to get a thorax MRI done, as well as a skull MRI because of my strange headache patters and a hiatus hernia. It was that or a bunch of CT scans.

Sadly we need to do our own research about the disease, treatments and alternative therapies, so we can suggest them in case our doctors don't. Lately it seems doctors no longer care about their patients, that's quite sad. So I guess in the end we are on our own... it is like it is. I know I'm on my own right now, don't have a good relationship with my GP (not bad either, is just he's not as good as my old GP who had a lot initiative and was way better than this moron who couldn't even interpret a X-ray of my sinus well).

And the same story with my neurologist... who didn't even seemed to want to hear what was wrong. He just said my headaches were tension ones. It wasn't until I old him I wasn't satisfied with his answer that he suggested a ct scan, I then jumped and said... I'd prefer a MRI (I fear radiation exposition). So he said ok! All just to get me out his office... wow.

Best of luck, Kay! Don't worry, no one will judge you, even if you were drunk! but I know you are not, sometimes i have days like that as well, hehehe!

kay mayes,
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry that your having such terrible luck with your doctor's. I think many doctors just don't know how to treat fibro, so they do nothing. Some won't prescribe stronger drugs for fear you will get hooked on them. Do you use any creams or hot rubs to manage your aching muscles? Please read our alternative section, as well as, the pain section. Read the older posts too as they are filled with lots of helpful ways to cope with fibro, without and with certain drugs.

Ask questions and we will do our best to answer them and steer you in a helpful direction. Answer other folks questions as well, as it is a great way to make new friends who totally understand where you are coming from, pain and fatigue wise and will offer support and encouragement.
If I can help explain anything just ask. Look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back