Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
I ran into an old school friend, When I told her I had Fibromyalgia, she took steps back, away from me as if I was contagious. Fibromyalgia awareness, obviously not known in my area.

That's so awful and unfortunate that people are like that instead of being a little tactful and asking questions if they have questions! Did you educate him/her a little? I knew someone who asked me if fibromyalgia was how it was portrayed in a comedy movie. I was like yea...it's exactly like that...it's a big joke. Then I started telling them exactly what it was like living with it, all the symptoms, what we went through on a daily basis, how hard it was getting a diagnosis. Eventually they understood. It just takes a little education. I'm so sorry that happened to you. It sucks illness has that stigma placed on it all the time. Not everything is contagious. And even if it was, it's not always the end of the world.

Sorry, Ok, I'm done :)

You should of said,yes I'm sorry now you have looked into my eyes your dammed for the rest of your life to being stupid.
Oh no wait it's ok your were stupid before we meet.

LOL Forgetmenot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back