Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
SC
Hello, I just signed up and I'm looking for help. I hurt so much I just don't even know if I want to live, but I do. I have a wonderful fiancé that loves me and I surely love him. I want to feel better for both of us, but I seem to be losing the battle. I hope that this forum can give me some answers and ideas to improve the quality of my life. I look forward to chatting with you all.
Thank you and God Bless!

Last edited:
Hi, MJ-
I just joined, too. How long have you had Fibromyalgia? I've had it for over a year, and lately, I've had much more days like you have had - where you wonder if living is worth it - then good days. I find it works best to focus on the positive. Focus on your love for you fiance. Keep hope in your heart and know that so many people find ways to control this disease. There are always options - maybe a different doctor with different ideas - maybe a different prescription. I was on Cymbalta and Tramadol for months and finally went off of them, because they were making me crazy and I still had the pain. If you are on any medications that aren't helping, remember that there are other options - lots of different medications, even natural herbs, and not all work the same for everybody. Please...keep you chin up. We are here for you!

MJWilliams,
Life with fibro is very hard, no sugar coating here. The pain and fatigue can drag you down and make you wonder at times if it is worth it. But it is and it sounds like you have someone who loves you very much and that is a big plus in your life. I hope you will come here often and share your opinions and vent when you need too. Part of the problem with fibro can stem from non-believers and even rude doctors. Some of us get depressed when we hear the name fibro or when you are told there is no cure. But try hard not to lose hope. Some of us have even seen mental health therapists in hopes of getting a clearer mind and finding out ways of fighting off the depressive thoughts. I for one can say it can make a big wonderful change in your additude and clear your thoughts away from the sad dark life-ending ones. Please keep trying to look on the bright side of life and know your not alone anymore.

Read the new and older posts. Members have shared about their medications and coping ideas and hints on sleeping better, as well as, ways to deal with pain and fatigue, and relatives and friends. We are very supportive. Please join in and add your thoughts about how to deal with symptoms that tend to affect your own life.

I am glad you found us. :)

I believe I have fibromyalgia but I can't get my doctor to even check, she doesn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back