Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PT
State
Portugal
So, my girlfriend suffers daily from chest tightness. Even right now, as a I write this, she feels like laying down with a brick in the middle of the chest preventing from breathing properly. Unless she think about it, and tries to deeply breathe through the nose a couple of times, she can't get a full "release" feeling like actually got one through. It scares me, because it used to be random but now it has been every day for the past week.
I was curious to see if anyone else experienced this. And if so, what you do to help it.

Last edited:
Silvio, I'm quite sure that chest tightness has NOTHING to do with fibro. She needs to see a doctor asap, there are some conditions that have chest tightness or difficulty breathing as a main symptom. If she is also experiencing jaw or arm pain, then she should really see a doctor very soon. It could also be caused by asthma, but we can't know for sure.

I think breathing problems and Fibromyalgia go hand in hand in my opinion. Stressful situations can cause me to feel like I'm hyperventilating, and, that in turn makes my breathing suffer. I try to manage my stress by not letting small things bothering me, so, then when bigger things happen I've decided to think of things with this thought,' It is what it is'. Learning to take one day at a time also helps my breathing problems, along with doing my regular exercises.

Anxiety/panic attacks come to mind. Stress induced. Heaviness in chest, breathing difficulties. Your friend needs to see a doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back