Has anyone with Fibro/CFS experienced a throbbing/shrinking sensation in the brain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK40

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
UAE
State
Dubai
Hi,

I have been suffering with Fibro & CFS since 7 months. I am male, 40, living in Dubai. My primary symptoms are 1) Feeling very very tired 2) Full body diffused muscle pain which is incapacitating 3) Feeling very very sleepy. During its worst stage, I was confined to my bed for 8 days....unable to stand or even walk to the bathroom. It was like being in a coma and all I wanted to do is sleep. At one time, I wanted to scratch my head but didnt have the energy to lift my hand.

I would like to know if anyone here has experienced a throbbing/tightening/ shrinking sensation at the base of your brain (central area). This is a constant feature for me and is usually the first sensation I feel before the other symptoms start.

My secondary symptoms are - sleep problems, high sensitivity to temperature and bright light, increased urgency to urinate, fibro fog with slow, unfocussed thinking and slow reaction. All these also come after the tightening sensation in the brain and depend on its severity.

My feeling is that there is some disorder/imbalance in the base region of my brain that causes me to feel all this. Does anyone here feel the same?

Thank you, God bless.

Hi GK40..
Unfortunately I know those experiences all too well, along with the throbbing/shrinking sensation... though for me it occurs all over mu brain, as well as other places on my body (arms, legs, sides, etc). For me, it doesn't last too long, but the sensation is always alarming nonetheless.

Sometimes it's easy to let your brain spiral out of control. I constantly think that every little ache and pain isnt truly from my fibro, and that I'm either overexaggerating or I have something life-threatening.

Please don't feel alone! You never are. We all understand.

Hope this helped!

Hi yes when I'm having a bad flare up my head feels like I've walked into a wall and have bruised my head especially in the frontal lobe. Fibro symptoms are unexplained but I know it can be scary at times I hope you have support because that can help emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back