Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
How is everybody else handling this holiday crap? I am tired, bitter, angry and so much more. I just don't have the desire to get in the swing of things. I have ordered some gifts online and when they have arrived I just threw them in my spare bedroom where they will stay until I get up the energy to wrap them. Problem is I may never get there. I may just throw all the boxes under the tree and tell each person what is theirs. We are just going to throw the paper and boxes away so why bother to wrap them?

Hopefully things will turn around for me before Christmas actually gets here. If not I will go through the drudgery of wrapping presents and so forth.

Blah!:-(

I am in a similar situation TipBill. I did Christmas shopping early this year around Black Friday/the first of the month to hurry up and get it out of the way, and now I realize I am going to be traveling this year for Christmas. So now I am tasked with wrapping the presents and figuring out how to pack them to transport them on the airplane, or either mailing them to my destination. Which, like you, I am wondering if I need to bother wrapping them at all or just pull them out and say "Here you go!" Seeing as how I don't have the energy to pack at all. But overall I am glad I am going to NYC where I can have a low key holiday being with only daddy, my baby sister and his gf, instead of spending it with mommy and our huge family this year.

Im not doing well either Tipbill...as you know my fibro has been much worse and these past two Christmases have been the worst ever.

I have gifts also waiting to be wrapped bought online...my body hurts so much bending and stretching to wrap is excrutiating most of the time.

I will try and do them bit by bit but i cant say i am in the festive spirit... its so sad because i loved Christmas and even my first 7 years with fibro with a bit of help lifting heavy pans and baking trays i could cook a full Xmas meal and easily wrap all the gifts and write lots of cards.. this year I am struggling even with writing and only sent to a few people.

I hope you pick up health wise and Tipbill and get some pleasure out of the festive season.

So glad I am not the only one who struggles with the holidays. I feel torn between wanting to cook for extended family and knowing I can't cook for a large group like I used to. I ordered most of the gifts online, but I agree that wrapping may not be the highest priority. My mother-in-law, who has some of her own health issues wanted to cook Thanksgiving and we all helped a little and it turned out nicely. As Christmas was approaching I asked my husband to find out if we were cooking or hosting or what. So he talks to his mom and comes home and tells me she said if we want Christmas dinner we are cooking it. So I have been planning and shopping and preparing little by little because I have to pace myself. Then today his dad says they ordered catering. I felt so frustrated because one year they did this the day Inhad cooked already. I felt especially hurt because it is such a sacrifice for me. And Im a good cook. They are just used to restaurant food a lot and dont listen well. I wish I were healthy and could take it in stride, but I have sports for our kids this week, doctor appts, and long commutes. So I barely have any time or energy. Plus we can't afford to be buying extra food and then have them change plans. I am so irritated. It doesn't help I was sick most of the night. I guess I should just let them order. I still end up making a meal though because I can't eat the food they order because of my severe food allergies. I am estranged from my side of the family so the holidays are always hard anyway, and no one around me seems to understand.

I'm sorry Hope4all, We are having a very quiet Christmas, It will be my husband and our son and my brother in law. I am making Lasagna and relaxing. I am so glad that they agreed to Lasagna and did not want the big dinner. My husband is a great help. He will do the dishes and will let me rest. I am grateful that he is so understanding. I know people like the big meals and Christmas hype, but instead of getting all wrapped up in that we agreed to this quiet Christmas day. Don't sweat it, don't over do it because it is not worth the price we pay. Have a good Christmas and take care of yourself first. Gentle hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back