Not open for further replies.

TJ91962

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
IN
I have FINALLY been Officially diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last month and my doctor and I are having major issues finding something that helps. I also have Vaso Vagal disorder which aggravates my chronic fatigue, and intermittant tachycardia with an occasional extra heart beat.

We have tried Cymbalta (causes severe stomach distress), Savella (aggravated my tachycardia). I can't take any opiates because of adverse reactions with them (plus they don't help anyway).

She has suggested Lyrica, but I'm a little worried about taking it. Is anyone on this? Have you had any adverse reactions?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I haven't been able to work a whole week for months.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I might suggest you ask your doctor about Neurontin. This medication usually works with, and not against other medications and can help with pain if taken on a regular basis at the same time every day. If it does not seem to be working then dose ajustments may be in order. I don't know about Lyrica, as I am allergic to it. There are adverse reactions to all drugs, some are worse then others.

Neurontin causes some weight gain, but weighted out against other worse reactions I deal with a few extra pounds. Everyone is different and if you have trouble with most meds then it might be an option for you to try. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Thanks! I had thought about Neurontin. My other half is on it for seizures and nerve pain, it helps him somewhat. I already have a few extra pounds, so what's a few more. lol

hi
have tried savella, Neurontin, Cymbalta, tramadol and lyrica.
absolutely no relief-felt great on lyrica but after bout 2 weeks lost its positive effect.
my pain doc put me on nucynta which is effective. it works like an opiate w/o the groggy feeling.
good luck!

Hi,

I take Lyrica 75mg 3 x day. It really helps with the burning sensations in my arms. If I forget to take it or run out, my left arm and hand burn like I stuck it in a fire.
I went the narcotic route only ending up addicted adding problems. I was able to get off them. Now I take Tramadol 300mg extented release for pain.
I tried Cymbalta. I felt it did not help my depression or pain. Savella also made my heart race.

I have not found any medicines that help me a lot. But there are various ones they can try. I am sorry I cannot offer more advice. I am sorry that you are having trouble finding something that works.

I was on Lyrica for quite some time. It did help with pain, but it made me feel like I was drunk. I couldn't even think straight on it. I didn't gain weight, it just made me plain stupid.

I do know that other people have had success with it, though. It's all in how your body reacts to it. Neurontin is another option, but Lyrica and Neurotin are pretty much the same thing. That doesn't mean it will affect you the same way, just that it's pretty much the same chemical. That small part of the chemical that has been tweaked to create Lyrica might work differently on you.

Acually I thought that Lyrica and Oxycodone, are related chemical wise. If Neurontin was in the same family as those drugs, I would be allergic to it. This is why I am unable to use the drugs made exspecially for fibro. I use the generic for Neurontin, Gabapentin, and have used it for almost 25 years. Like I said my worse side affect is water weight gain. Lyrica and Neurontin work similarly in control pain, but are non-opiod drugs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back