Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/1994
Country
US
State
ny
Hello I've had fibromyalgia for about 13 years now with a 4 year remission after I had my son. I also have vulvodynia flare ups which cause the same symptoms I get throughout my body such as burning tingling and overall pain . I take 3 different medications and still have severe flare ups which are greatly affecting my quality of life. I live in new york area and have seen many doctors but no one who is able to help

Hello I've had fibromyalgia for about 13 years now with a 4 year remission after I had my son. I also have vulvodynia flare ups which cause the same symptoms I get throughout my body such as burning tingling and overall pain .

:( I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through this, lisaparishi1. I sure hope there's a medical breakthrough... you'd think that with data like this (a 4 year remission after giving birth) researchers would have a good starting place.

What are the specialties of the doctors you're seeing?

Hi Lisa,
Chronic pain is lessened through regular massage so massage regularly to deal with chronic pain.

Sorry it took so long to respond I'm not so sure how to figure out when I have responses on the forum. I'm seeing an md who has fibromyalgia and she is also complementary medicine Ive seen a pain management dr who Iis a neurologist as well. but none of the meds have worked I take neurontin cymbalta and elavilI'm having a flare right now so my dr is increasing my meds but it hasn't helped yet.

lisaparish1,
I left you a message on your User CP page. You can allow messages from other members which makes it easier to contact you. Up on the right hand side of the screen you will see private messages, if you allow them on your control page. You can get to that area through your User CP, on the upper left heading or by clicking the private messages highlighted under your user name on the upper right. I would like to contact you that way through the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back