Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
my muscles feel very tense for brutal periods of time. Is there any way to get release from that tension? I have never ever tried anything like hypnosis or meditation, but I find myself looking for comfort. I sit at the beach and listen to soft music. I try to concentrate on better times in the past, which i guess is like a form of meditation.

Does anyone here use meditation for this condition? Do i need a group or a teacher or something or can i just learn on my own?

thx

My friend hasn't tried it yet, since it is not a proven treatment yet. I suppose he will try it soon, since it won't hurt anyway.

I worked for a physchologist for a while who specialized in hypnosis. Patients definitely improved with his treatments. The doc hypnotized me once for menstural pain, recorded the session, and gave me a CD of it to listen to whenever I needed the treatment again. I guess it helped a little, but I later found out I have endometreosis, something no psychological treatment can fix. But I definitely see it working for an actual psychological issue. I can see it helping for managing pain, but it wasn't enough for me. I think if you used hypnosis in conjunction with natural treatments you would be able to manage pain well.

As for meditation, I honestly am too fatigued to have the focus required for it. My brain loves to stay blank. So if you have the mental energy, I say give it a try! I personally believe in the power of prayer and would use prayers or chants for my meditation. I would also consider guided imagery, which is a division of hypnosis.

I have never thought of turning to hypnosis to treat fibro, I have thought of treating other issues, like for example my anxiety and my chronic depression, but never fibro! It would be interesting to be able to try it and see for myself, I really wonder how powerful the mind can be over the body? I really do! At this point I'd do almost anything to stop this awful flare... I had been so well for months, but now I'm having the worst set of aches and weird gastrointestinal symptoms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back