Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
South Carolina
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and chronic fatique of all days April 1, 2014, although they have been treating me since December and I do have a cpap mask (wonderful invention).
Does this disease ever let up? I am in constant pain it seems, I can't stand for someone to even touch me and I have tried talking with my coworkers and I feel like I am talking to a brick walls. I honestly believe my dog is the only one that understands. The pain seems to move around and at times I just want to curl up in a little ball and cry, does this get better? I am on an antidptessint Venlaflaxine and will start Provigil as soon as it is delivered, and I have a vitimin D deficiency which doesn't help either pain wise.:sad:

Does this disease ever let up? I am in constant pain it seems, I can't stand for someone to even touch me and I have tried talking with my coworkers and I feel like I am talking to a brick walls.

I can't speak to whether or not it ever lets up because I don't know the answer. But I do know that an important part of this is finding ways to manage it... often on a day-to-day basis.

I'd suggest going through the forum here to see some suggestions of things that have helped others. The same things don't help everyone, but there are many things to try and then you'll know which of them give you some relief.

It has not let up for me, but I have learned to manage it to the point of hardly feeling the fibro. The moment I stop managing well, the flares come back. Most helpful for me is diet and exercise. Any sugar whatsoever gives me a flare, and all grains increase my fatigue, which can trigger fibro too. I also take tons of supplements.

In other words, if you are willing to work hard to manage fibro, it is possible to not feel the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back