Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
PA
Does the colder weather affect your pain level?

Things that "kill" me...
-weather changes
-precipitation (snow, rain....)
-pressure changes (related to weather)
-strong winds (my theory here is that that means constantly changing pressures)
-elevation changes (ie. travelling through a mountain pass)
-and YES cold weather, being cold period !

I find that my body does not regulate temperatures well. The other day I was so cold I had a sweater on and was sitting with a blanket and thanks to Reynaud's my hands were ice cold...about an hour later it all came off because I was too hot. (my family are in t shirts). My house was 20 degrees and it was 0 (freezing level) outside. I can't predict it - at least the pressure has been constant for a week or so.

Oh - one more to add to the list- random whatever ! That's those days/moments/whatever where one is really sore for none of the other reasons.

Last Christmas my daughter bought me a pair of slippers with a USB port - I can sit on my laptop wearing these slippers that heat up ! Great gift.

Those slippers sound wonderful :)

My husband gave me heated glove liners, but they run off batteries

I was just debating a thread on the topic. I have been down for the past week in exhaustion, can't stop sleeping, don't feel motivated.... Today it went from 40s to 80s and I slept late just because I had denied myself sleep to try to fix my sleep schedule but I hopped out of bed with no sluggishness and full of energy. I have been theorizing the weather causes many of my "crashes". Gathering data.

HI THERE! You are right on the money when it comes to cold. My hands and feet freeze, and Im the first one in my home to feel the weather change. On top of extra pain comes exaustion. At least I can accept the fact now. I buy warm socks and dress in layers. Moving helps too. I know for some of us, includeing me, the thought of moveing is a far away thought. But on the so so days I try to get on my gazelle. It helps with endurance. There are days I cuss out my foot that hurts soo bad, as if its an enemy, and keep moving despite the pain. Im not bragging, its Gods grace, every inch I can move.
The Good Lord Love you!

My cousin was giving me a hard time and then not answering my FB posts for complaining of the cold last year. It's not just uncomfortable but at a certain point that is well above freezing to death I actually feel a sense of panic over being cold. My brain thinks of nothing but fix the problem of cold while in the house with the heat running. I need to budget a new electric blanket because layers don't do me any good. My body doesn't produce more heat. I can pile on 5 heavy blankets and I will be the same temp under them with frozen hands and feet as if I used 1. I use the times physical needs force me out of blankets to get things done until I run out of energy again. I'm going to try to keep going to martial arts this winter. I had to quit last Jan when winter fully set in with subzero temps here. I did not leave the house for weeks at a time.

Funny the weather doesn't make any difference to my fibro at all....it has a mind of it's own for sure but not weather related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back