Other
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
NY
Hey guys

Haven’t been here in awhile.Im glad to say, I’ve been feeling better,and Im afraid to even whisper that lol.

I slowly noticed my metabolism of the past has been slowly coming back.At first I thought I was imagining it, but it started increasing.I started to have more energy,which has been a miracle.

I decided to go off my Savella medication, because I couldn’t tolerate the sweating, it was really bothering me.I never sweat a lot,so it just got to an uncomfortable point.I also decreased my pain med Slowly,but not totally.I also went off of gabapentin because it was increasing my severe fatigue.

Now I’ve changed my meds many times in the past, so I’m not sure if they caused this change.I wouldn’t recommend just stopping your meds without talking to your doctor.Itvwas something that was right for me.

I actually was able to cut wood with a miter saw and attach moulding in my house, which I never could do,because I didn’t have the energy or strength to attempt.Maybe all my prayers came true, I don’t know,but I just wanted to tell you all that it’s possible to get better.

I’m not saying I’m pain free , because after I finished the work, I needed a trigger shot in my neck to help with some pain.But the fatigue has gotten better and my metabolism seems to be in high gear.I hope it continues and I hope all you guys start to feel better too.

I’m not cured yet but feeling better and I will keep you posted.I was actually thinking about work the other day.But I know I’m not ready for that yet.Way too soon.:grin:

Stay positive,u can get better

Sagey

How good to hear from you Sagey...thank you for coming back and sharing your news.

welcome back! Great to hear you are doing better. Please continue to share your experiences and advice, good and bad, because the more informed we are, the more power we have over fibro.

Together we can maybe beat it completely off of the face of the world! (gosh, that sounded like a Hollywood movie!)

A question: what is trigger shot that you had in your neck? just curious because my neck is the main cause of my problems and a trigger shot sounds like something I could use as well. thanks

Hi Vickythecat,

I’m seeing another pain doctor and I like his bedside manner.He offers trigger shots.Its an injection that has lidocaine and a steroid in it to help with pain and inflammation.I over did it with the wood working in my house so my neck was stiff and painful.He injected about 4 times in different areas and it helps with the pain.I also get epidural shots in my cervical and lumbar.I have herniated discs and it just helps to reduce the pain and keep my sciatica at bay.The trigger shots are done right in the office.

I think we have to find a doctor that we feel comfortable with, and that we trust and that’s makes a big difference how u view yourself and how confident we are about are getting better.If our Doctor isn’t positive or active in your care it kinda doesn’t give us hope or motivation to get better.

I also want to say that I suffered with plantar Fasciitis for 3 years and that just went away, thank god.So it’s probably a sign that the inflammation has decreased.Im finding less medication is More.
Most medications have so many side effects and we don’t even realize it.

One comment I think I’ll pass on the fecal replacement therapy lol.
But I do believe in probiotics, they have helped make my body stronger.

Everyone needs to find what works for them, we all respond different to treatments.

Be positive

Sagey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back