Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
RSA
State
Eastern Cape
Hi everyone, My name is Monique, and I have been living with Fibromyalgia for nearly 11 years. I am 26 years old and feel like I'm 100.
I have a wonderful service dog who is the first in SD South Africa to help a handler with Fibromyalgia, I know this because Service Dogs in South Africa are all trained by the same organisation and they have a record of every working dog in the country. I have found that he makes such a huge difference, but even with his help, I am needed to go into a wheelchair. I am trying to raise funds to get an electric wheelchair, and I have raised 12% of my goal so far, but it is slow going.
I am excited about the possibility of being able to live a semi normal life, but at the same time I am nervous about the judgments I will inevitably get when someone sees me in a wheelchair one day and walking fine another day.

So, that is a little bit about me and my journey so far.
Have a great day, and I look forward to meeting you :grin:

Hi Monique, I'm new here also and just want to say that the people here are mostly nice but not very active on the forum at this time for some reason. But don't be discouraged and continue to post please because the only way we can have a good forum if is people talk, thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back