Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2006
Country
US
State
ID
Some day I feel good as one can and others I just want to lie down into a fetal position and die but not literal. My worst season my pain increases is winter and my better season is summer. I notice that weather effects me because of the barometric pressure systems in our atmosphere. My sleep can be wacky and some times I can't sleep at all. I am tired of pills like pain ones because it does not allow my energies to be in sync with my mind, body and spirit. I have notice that with some supplements it does in fact aid me feeling better but does not take away the pain completely. People do not realize that our environment, the water we drink down to what we eat can be the contributing factor why fibro acts up. Toxins can be a big factor to why we suffer in such ways such as metals in our bodies, the food that might be contaminated with chemicals and our minds in a depressive state. I feel that diet, the good supplements, a healthy support system and meditation aids me to feeling better though I know it does not go away completely but to make it manageable where I can ignore it. A good supportive system of friends, loved ones and very good doctor that actually gives a shit can be very effective of finding a managed state.

Amen! Couldn't agree more with the bit about chemicals in our food and water, I'm sure we are ingesting really nasty stuff daily, I mean I do read labels the most I can, but I know a lot things scape me. Like for example the pesticides in my fruits and veggies! Better not to think about it tho. I try to focus on what I can control, but as you said some days are bad :( Thanks for reminding us there is more to pain than fibro, because there surely is!

I actually do take less of medication like pain pills and on an organic diet, and also take magnesium supplement that helps me alot. I posted two sites that explains magnesium and fibro.. I hope this helps with your fibro like it has done for mine, but though the pain is still there, it does aid in taking less of pain pills if you are on them.

The Role of Magnesium in Fibromyalgia.

Thanks lot for sharing that link, really glad they didn't remove your link before I got to read this! I had no idea magnesium was so important for our muscles, I recently read it's also good for our livers. My mom took magnesium when she was younger, she used it as an antacid. I might give it a try too, I'm in need of a good antacid as well. Plus, if it works as well for me as it works for you, managing your pain, then I'll surely no longer need all those ointments I use almost daily.

Although you can get some relief from medication that is prescribed to you by a doctor, there is also a chance that changing certain things about the way that you live has an effect, too, for example as you said, the water that you drink and the food that you eat. Because, of course, these are all chemicals that you're putting into your body, and every single one of them is likely to have an effect at one point or another. You should also remain open to things like massages, meditation and other similar support groups that people with other illnesses might attend, too, as finding a set of treatments that can work for you is one of the most important things that you can do. A lot of it is trial and error, but many people manage to stumble upon a treatment that will change their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back