Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
I am finding myself too exhausted and in too much pain to do any house work. I set off to do a simple job then have to sit down from pain. It is depressing. It is almost as if my body is rebelling against me, my brain says i can and then as soon as i start my body says no way. my doctor advises me to excercise but if i cant even do some cleaning how the heck am i supposed to do aerobics :?:

I know the feeling! I was able to get to the point where I can do one or two chores a day and work out lightly, but it took months of effort. Try taking rhodiola supplements to combat fatigue, and try an anti inflammatory diet to lessen the pain. Food makes a huge difference for me- sugar and grains cause fibro flares in me! The more you're able to move, the easier moving gets. So get a lot of rest, but move whenever you're able.

So you removed bread from your diet entirely? Is there a link or something I can look at for a fibro diet? I wasn't aware that my diet needs to change drastically.

thx for your advice

Lana, I actually read that a gluten-free diet is great for folks with fibro. I don't know where the link is, but I guess it has something to do with the carbs. I wish I could try a gluten-free diet, sadly I doubt I will ever be able to go for it, since I love carbs. I'm currently trying to lower my carb intake, but I'm not doing that well :(

By the way, do you suffer from intestinal issues? Like for example IBS? Bloating? I do, and I have the feeling I might suffer from an undiagnosed case of celiac disease, that would explain some of my aches as well, not all but some!

Diet does not seems to make a huge difference for me, but I am trying to eat better just on principle.

Can you ask someone else to do it for you? I'm sure that somebody would do this. Don't be ashamed to ask!

I hired a housekeeper for a year or so. But she quit because I kept canceling when I had a flare and couldn't pick up before she came over:-? I know, I know but I have issues:oops:

But it did help get me in a bit of a routine. I have 3 kids so I have assigned them chores. I actuall have an entire list. Broken down by child. That way everyone knows who is responsible for what. Is this an option for you?For example, My youngest son 6 feeds the dogs, let's them in and out when he is not at school and helps empty
The dishwasher. He also dusts. My 12y dd empties the dishwasher, takes out the trash, and picks up the dog poop, and vacuums the upstairs. There are a few other things in the lists and they rarely take the kids more than 10-15 a day. They know if they haven't completed them by Sunday they lose their electronics. My oldest dd is now in high school so she can do a lot if needed. She pitches in with the laundry, vacuuming, and will even cook dinner when needed I am sure to treat her to an extra sleepover, girls night, or splurge on letting her get her nails done or getting the more expensive prom dress. This is understood the more helpful they
Are around the house, the more they show they can be responsible the more I am likely to reward ( ok let's be honest bribe) them later.

If I am having a bad day I make sure the dishwasher is loaded and started. I may empty it, sometimes takes me several sessions, with breaks. I usually try to do one load of laundry even if it's really small.

If I am having a really dad day nothing gets done.:cry:

Oops, I just saw your post, sorry for the slow reply!

I don't do well with any flour due to IBS, maybe even leaky gut syndrome. So I only eat meat, nuts, and vegetables. However, it is possible to make grain free bread! Try baking with almond and coconut flour, and replace sugar with unsweetened applesauce.

I don't have a link, because my doctor is the one training me on diet. But there are a few grain free cook books out there, which I can't advertise on this forum. If you are on Facebook, there are a few pages that promote grain free cooking too. The problem is that both grain AND sugar are triggers for me, and a lot of the recipes use some form of sugar.

I also love what MrsFish said about routine. I have also found that I rely on routine to get things done, even when I'm not feeling up to work.

This is really bad, Mrs Fish. I hope you can deal with it and I would recommend you to ask someone from your own family to help you.

Even on bad days, push yourself to move as much as possible. I don't mean long walks or chores; I mean slow walks between rooms and some light stretches. If you can only manage a minute at a time, that's fine too. It's going to take time, you'll have a few slips, just don't give in.

I agree with DDavies. As long as you keep exercising just a little bit, it's enough for you to survive the whole day.

If I didn't have the support system that I do, I wouldn't be able to clean on my own. I'd have to hire help. There would be no shame in it because I have become accustomed to a clean home.

As for the other topic, I never felt healthier than when I went vegan for awhile. Unfortunately, it was too restrictive for me because there aren't very many vegetables that I truly enjoy. Gluten free doesn't mean carb free - rice and sweet potatoes are carbs and gluten free. I do want to try my hand at the anti-inflammatory diet. However, I enjoy sugar... a lot. Nightshade vegetables are supposed to be bad for us and I'm going to try and cut out tomatoes and peppers to see how that helps. Of course, that will be a challenge since I'll be cooking for myself and for my family who loves tomato based food.

We should have maids hired by the state that would be able to clean our houses if we cannot do it.

I am finding myself too exhausted and in too much pain to do any house work. I set off to do a simple job then have to sit down from pain. It is depressing. It is almost as if my body is rebelling against me, my brain says i can and then as soon as i start my body says no way. my doctor advises me to excercise but if i cant even do some cleaning how the heck am i supposed to do aerobics :?:

Been there and heard that. Still do from time to time. Be patient with yourself and do what you can. Some people will never understand what a challenge it is to live a normal routine with this lovely syndrome. Good luck.

I know you fee like as well. I don't know how I can help you, other than wishing you good luck :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back